Project Incognito

We love ALL motorcycles - post your non-2T custom build here!

Moderator: rztom

Smoker

Re: Project Incognito

Post by Smoker »

Also ran the wiring & tubing through the headlight bracket. Yellow ties are temporary.

Bike is starting to look proper. Still needs a lot of mods.

Smoker

Post by Smoker »

Forgot to say that I rubber mounted the headlight bracket. Everything needs to be rubber mounted. Still a two-stroker at heart.

Need to get a front caliper adapter, and finish the custom bike lift before installing these new rotors. Went through some shit to get these particular discontinued rotors. Sizing up on the front from 180mm to 203mm. Also want to get the correct Galfer e-bike pads. Galfer stuff has been all good on my motorcycles. Would also like to install street tires at the same time.

JonW

Post by JonW »

getting better n better. Reminds me of the WR you did. :)
80 XT500 Supermoto!
81 RD350LC Resto
82 RD421LC Hybrid
82 RD350LC decapitation project
82 RD250LC JDM '251LC' YPVS
83 RZ350 Resto
84 RZ500 Resto
85 RZ350 F1 Resto
86 RZ350 F2 Resto
86 RZ350 F2 Hybrid

Like Watches? www.PloProf.com & www.DeskDivers.com
Smoker

Post by Smoker »

Thanks, Jon.

First of all, decided yesterday- NO MORE JUMPS. NO MORE DROP-OFFS. Okay, for suspension testing- but that's it. Suspension isn't plush enough, and I'm definitely going to make my injuries worse. First thing I did today was pull out of the driveway and drop off the curb. Old habits die hard.

Fixed the loose grip with a little teflon tape underneath.

The height of the handlebar with the new riser is great. Very comfortable when standing. Transportation mode = sitting down, with full-throttle only- unless too dangerous. Joyriding mode = standing up only.

I've got the Ohlins rear shock, but don't see any Ohlins forks or cartridges for this bike. May as well go for some Fauxhlins while I'm still looking. Got some decals. Obviously fakes- check out the f'd up warning sticker.

JonW

Post by JonW »

:smt003
80 XT500 Supermoto!
81 RD350LC Resto
82 RD421LC Hybrid
83 RZ350 Resto
84 RZ500 Resto
85 RZ350 F1 Resto
86 RZ350 F2 Resto
86 RZ350 F2 Hybrid

Smoker

Post by Smoker »

Some progress on the swingarm pivot lift.

Smoker

Post by Smoker »

JonW

Post by JonW »

Nice to see some fabbing, cool idea.
80 XT500 Supermoto!
81 RD350LC Resto
82 RD421LC Hybrid
83 RZ350 Resto
84 RZ500 Resto
85 RZ350 F1 Resto
86 RZ350 F2 Resto
86 RZ350 F2 Hybrid

Smoker

Post by Smoker »

Hope this link works. Pretty sure I got the info I need, but don't want to lose it, yet.

There's a hesitation, or ramp-up (not sure exactly how to describe it) with this throttle set-up. Got a feeling it's for safety, because the torque hit can be unexpected. Looks like this mod is a good fix.

Not sure what the cost will be. Might be good to wait and get some more use out of this battery before rebuilding it to 60V. An OEM replacement battery is $750 usd, but always "Sold Out", so rebuilding seems to be the only option. Not sure on the price of the 60V controller and screen.

Will keep trying to get more info on this mod. I'm used to the throttle hesitation, but really don't like it.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/video/pl ... mob-s&tt=b
Smoker

Post by Smoker »

JonW wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:27 pm Nice to see some fabbing, cool idea.
Yeah, for me, too. Still haven't made new contacts for machining. Welding Lab instructor got the Machine Tool instructor to do it, right now! :smt003 Had to scrub down one pin with sandpaper for a perfect slip fit.

Not happy with the welding on these. I didn't want to warp the tubes at all, so I didn't go deep with the welds. If I can add strong fillet welds, then it's all good. If not, It's easy to cut more square tubing for another try.

Then, I'll try some lap welds on angle aluminum to the base plate. Again, worried about warpage.

Smoker

Post by Smoker »

Cut the angle brackets for the lift. They should work fine, but I don't like the way they look. Will style them up a bit tonight.

If I weld the uprights to the brackets, it'll be more difficult to get the lift into position- so I'll do some drilling & filing, and attach them with M8 bolts.

Smoker

Post by Smoker »

Nothing exciting, but at least I'm doing work.

Tapered the sides down to 1 inch and cut the bases from 3x3 to 3x2 inch.

Cut openings for the jack bolts. Forgot the inside radius cuts. The heat is brutal and was definitely affecting my brain. It's okay, though.

Smoker

Post by Smoker »

Getting there.

Took some time to mock it up on the bike and figure out exactly where to weld the brackets. Wasn't easy, but it's looking good. Might not look so good after welding, but I just hope it works.

Smoker

Post by Smoker »

Lab was closed for a couple of months. Started welding again this week.

Lift project is now working, but still needs a bit of finishing.

Need to order some more parts for the bike.
Smoker

Post by Smoker »

My brain is slowly fading away. It's sad, but I'll carry on. No choice. No one to rely on. Forced to ride the supermoto to welding class tonight. If I miss a class, the instructor will be calling me to make sure I'm OK. He's that kind of guy. He knows whats was up and said he would pick me up at home and drive me home from class, no problem.

What's up is just more stupidity. I've had the e-bike for months and have no spare tube, or even a patch kit. I did get a very small MTB pump. I've been trying hard for a while to find a 20x4" tube from a good manufacturer. None from Pirelli, Michelin, BFG, Conti, Goodyear, Bell, etc. They all make bike tubes, but not in my size. Even Schwalbe and other bike tire companies have nothing available. Kenda has them, but hard to find in stock. I got an unknown (to me) brand called 1PZ. There are tons of unnamed brand tubes and the reviews are shit.

Bike's been down for a couple of days. Thankfully, I was able to ride home before the tire went flat. New tube arrived tonight. But, a patch kit is supposed to arrive by tomorrow night. Think I'll try to patch the old tube first.

Very happy I got the lift done in time! Bike is up and off the rim.

Hoping to put some more wear on the tires and brakes before upgrading. Need to get some blingy hardware, too.

Almost got busted riding the supermoto on campus tonight. Maintenance man tried to block the utility road with his golf cart. Blew by him, just in time! :smt003