Tigcraft.

Got a customizing or restoration project? Post your progress pictures and updates here

Moderator: rztom

gpaddict

Re: Tigcraft.

#76 Post by gpaddict » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:40 pm

:smt038 Bravo

wolfgangh
- - - - -
- - - - -

#77 Post by wolfgangh » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:45 am

The chassis is simply lovely, a piece of art. I am concerned about the pipes though - dont you think they stick too far out at the back? Depends on the design of the seatunit / bodywork though.

Blackshaheen

#78 Post by Blackshaheen » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:08 am

Tigcraft felt that the lower pipes were also too long. I'm not so sure now but there are a few options to shorten them.
I can either put shorter silencers on them or I can cut and re-weld and reposition them to take some length out.
I will see after I have decided on the seat and tail unit.

What do you think about the uppers?
I think they're OK but could use some feedback.

Cheers.

this old rz

#79 Post by this old rz » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:12 am

Cant really say about appearance until the body work is fitted, But Are your pipes designed and built for this project and your engine?. If so you might hurt your desired performance by altering your pipes. From the looks of them, there long..Way back when I had a set of Toomeys and they were also long, a friend had a set of SPEC2s the same thing....loooong, they were pretty darned good accelerating pipes with a lot of low end/mid range grunt. Ive been told they were that long as it was the optimum performance design length for the RZ package and performance.
Yours being non stock and full custom, and not a race replica, might be able to get by with what you have, or you might consider getting a set fabricated up to your engine specs..just for your intended application. With your average RZ500 making around 75-90 h.p. pipe design and performance ...is important. You don't want to lose any power in the desired RPM range that is available to you.
Id fit it all up 1st , find out the details on your pipes and design to your existing engine specs.....then decide . might look and perform just fine, So far its quite the beauty :smt060 There are a lot of gorgeous RZs here ...but yours is supermodel status so far :smt003
Motorcycles & Cars Where even a brain dead monkey can build something as equally cool as a millionare, gotta love it

Blackshaheen

#80 Post by Blackshaheen » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:22 am

Cheers for the compliment about my project :grin:
The pipes are Swarbrick kit that have been welded up by someone else to 'fit' the frame. They are no more specifically tuned for my bike than any other mildly tuned motor so the tuned length is relevant but not desperate. When I say I can cut and weld them I mean re-align rather than lose tuned length. It shouldn't affect tuned length at all and, having had a good look, there is clearly room to cross the lower pipes over one another at the barrel-end and this could reduce the distance the silencers stick out by several inches.
I've decided to have a go doing this. :shock:
Pics will follow. :smt009

Ronnie
- - - - -
- - - - -

#81 Post by Ronnie » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:31 am

Have you seen this one Dave? I was wondering if it was Julian's again or one of his. It certainly looks like frame in the one I posted earlier in this thread. The tubular frame looks really cool. The swing arm here looks immense. Possibly an Aprilia RSV4? I like it anyway :grin: !

wolfgangh
- - - - -
- - - - -

#82 Post by wolfgangh » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:14 pm

Damned, based on the color of the pipes in the first picture they could be titanium...swingarm is definitely APRILIA

BRIAN TURFREY

#83 Post by BRIAN TURFREY » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:29 am

What a mess that guy's shop is? You were there Wolfgang,,, Ti YZR500 pipe on the bunch

wolfgangh
- - - - -
- - - - -

#84 Post by wolfgangh » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:22 am

Hi Brian,
Oh thats your shop! Should have noticed the PJ1 poster on the wall...yes I even held one of these titanium pipes in my hands
Have you built this chassis?

Regards

Wolfgang

Smoker
- - - - -
- - - - -

#85 Post by Smoker » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:34 pm

Ronnie wrote:Have you seen this one Dave? I was wondering if it was Julian's again or one of his.
That's Julian's frame/bike at BT's getting pipes made.

wolfgangh
- - - - -
- - - - -

#86 Post by wolfgangh » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:49 pm

Hello Blacksheehan,
I want to contact you but cant find any PM or email info. Can you please get in touch with me?

Best regards

Wolfgang

Blackshaheen

#87 Post by Blackshaheen » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:21 pm

Once again it's been a long while since my last confession as work and life get it the way of my amusement...
I am actually a bit further along than the following pictures suggest but I felt compelled to put something up as too many digitally ethereal friends have been asking...for which I am very grateful...more than you know. Both your interest and good humour are very well received. Thanks.

So...a BORA alloy race radiator from a CBR1000 fell into my lap and I've been playing with it. Yet another 'form over function moment' but nobody ever claimed I was sane... I think it's too wide and am expecting to have to narrow it (where has that hack-saw gone?). I am playing with fitting the powervalve motor to the clock bracket support and feeding the lines back to the motor...looking good so far...thanks to inspiration from this here forum thingammy for that!!!!
I have a home-made alloy clock bracket officialy housing my Scitsu Tacho and Temp gauge.
I have cut and shut the Swarbrick pipes still further to create the shape I wanted with the lower stingers. Above all else the previous incarnation of the lower pipes were hiding too much of the Tigcraft swinger so I'm pleased to have now left it more revealed. Pics will doubtless follow in a month or 4...knowing me.

The tank has been cut and shut and awaits its final bead-weld before being fitted to a yet-to-be-born subframe and seat. I have created a threaded block to directly take the Pingel tap which also needs welding in now.

My motor is currently in 3200 pieces as I paint and clean it.

More power to one and all.
Keep smoking.
D.

RZColinPaul
- - - - -
- - - - -

#88 Post by RZColinPaul » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:36 am

WOW I love this frame, can't wait to see her finished. I just dusted mine off so that I can finally finish mine. This VRRA RZ350 racing thing is taking all of my time, plus my new adition a month and a half old daughter {Morgan}. :grin:
colinpaul@rogers.com
RZ350 race bike
RZ500 stock
RZ500, TSI spec factory tune stage two,ported polished,JL pipes,28m Mikuni carbs,EB brakes, R6r front end, R6r swing arm, YZR fairing, V Force reeds, Olhin shock, Wasp Performance

Andrew
- - - - -
- - - - -

#89 Post by Andrew » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:00 am

RZColinPaul wrote:.... plus my new adition a month and a half old daughter {Morgan}. :grin:
Congrats! :smt038 :smt038 :smt038
Andy (UK)
RZV500R
FRC
Faster Faster !!!

Blackshaheen

#90 Post by Blackshaheen » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:13 pm

I have finally settled on a TZ250 tank and tail.
The tank pictured here is a friends but I've sourced a damaged one for myself from Japan and will sort it once it arrives in a week or so I hope.
The set-up needs a little modification but is fundamentaly good and I like it a lot.

Largely finished rebuilding the motor and am currently fitting Bills 34mm Mikuni kit. Struggling a little but will get it!!

getting there...

I have applied to be allowed to race it here in Dubai in a local series beginning in November. They haven't said 'No' yet so fingers crossed :cool:
The potential of racing this winter has certainly spurred me on to getting it finished quick!

I have resisted going the 'bolt-polishing' route because, frankly, that way madness lies...and I don't have time.
Get it done...get it done...get it done...