Mickey Krupa Tribute Build Thread

Working together to finish Mickey's RZ500!

Moderator: rztom

oldguy

#16 Post by oldguy » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:50 am

Sorry to hear about your father Tom.....I went down that road 13 years ago and was fortunate to be by my fathers side the last two and half weeks of his time with us.....it was hard but he is in a better place.

I don't have much to offer in parts but willing to contribute to a fund if available.

Dave M.

rzatch
- - - - -
- - - - -

#17 Post by rzatch » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:34 am

If at all possible could this post or news be moved into it's own subject line? Kind of doesn't seem to belong here with the subject line of the original post.

rztom
Site Admin

#18 Post by rztom » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:51 pm

rzatch wrote:If at all possible could this post or news be moved into it's own subject line?
Done! Good idea Atch... see new thread "In memory of Mickey Krupa"

rztom
Site Admin

#19 Post by rztom » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:32 pm

Well, time was not on our side here. In light of Mick's rapid decline in health, I knew that trying to get his motor put back together after Brian finally got it was not gonna happen in time, so when I met with Rick Mammel last weekend we came up with a plan we thought might work.

Rick had a motor at a builder friend of his that was near completion. It was meant for one of his project bikes. But he graciously offered to have the motor shipped to Colorado to be installed in Micky's chassis. Although Micky wouldn't be able physically to ride the bike, at least he could have watched and listened as the bike was kicked over, started and made its V-4 two-stroke music. We thought that would have made him happy to see his bike running.

We simply ran out of time.... :sad:

As Micky's brother John has mentioned, Micky's wish was that the bike be finished and saved for his young sons. I think, as a group, we can make that happen.

Brian Turfrey had sent me a few pics of the motor as he received it from Gus. As you can see, it is in pretty rough condition and is missing some pieces. Hopefully Brian can update us as to what it'll take to move forward with this.... :cool:

Ronnie
- - - - -
- - - - -

#20 Post by Ronnie » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:05 pm

This really is a sorry state of affairs Tom. Looking at those pictures it totally vindicates your decision not to remove Mickeys original post and the subsequent thread.

Mickey clearly loved his beloved V4, as we all do our own, and I can only imagine how disappointed and frustrated his family are that he never got to even hear it run.

This is also not a time to be beating up on Gus. I'm sure he has enough decency in him to feel bad and sorry about it.

The project has moved on from Gus now and hopefully, as others have said, the group as a whole can get this bike back together for his family.

I'm sure we'll all do our bit if we can.

TZRZVRD

#21 Post by TZRZVRD » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:38 am

Thoughts and prayers with the family, RIP Mickey.

Thanks Brian for stepping in and making this right after somebody else dropped the ball, if you need any help please give me a call, I am just a few blocks away.

-William
Use "no way" as way
Have "no limitation" as limitaion

Andrew
- - - - -
- - - - -

#22 Post by Andrew » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:08 pm

Tom. Is there anyway the Group can open a 'Mickey's Bike Appeal' and let people donat a bit of spare money to assist with the build? So people who can't donate parts can at least help in some way?
Andy (UK)
RZV500R
FRC
Faster Faster !!!

BRIAN TURFREY

#23 Post by BRIAN TURFREY » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:07 am

Thanks Tom for posting the pic's.

Last Thursday morning i drove into town to go to the Yamaha shop and pickup some plugs. On the way home i just was feeling way cool and i said to myself, man a coffee and a big jelly donut sounds great for breakfast, then i need to get to work and get Mickey's motor stripped down and washed up,, make a parts list so i can get parts asap. Sunk that jelly donut,, ya i know, like i really needed that right? only had one. anyway got the motor complete apart and had wash it all up.
I had a really good feeling about getting this done and was just thinking that it will be great to hear Mickey on the phone telling me "way cool, got the motor back".
I had spoken with him just a two days before and we talked about his bike project. Then i get a call from John, Mickey's brother. Was like someone just ran over me with an eighteen wheeler.
Just lost for words.
I knew Mickey was not doing so good and i had told Gus that this could happen at any time but i just didn't think that would be so soon. For the little amount of time i knew Mickey, i lost a very good friend and now i have meet another great friend, his brother John. Both are wonderful people.
I know that being real mad at Gus with never being Mickey back.
I guess why i am pissed at Gus, from the start of this deal, it was made very clear to Gus that here is a way for you to "save face" and help not only Gus out of this problem but more to get Mickey his motor done and back to him.
It is because of all of Gus's bullshit he told me, my son has to drive 35 mins, someone stole my shit, Vitto's haven't sent it, i owe the tax dept $56k, etc, etc, etc, taking his sweet ass time in sending me the "JUNK Parts" some,,,, that i have now and sending me cylinders that are someone else parts as he lost Mickey's cylinders, he has just teated this like a big joke. Well Gus, how quick did it take you to get to the bank with Mickey's $2500
a year or so ago? I have asked him now, what 4 or 5 or 6 times for a list of the parts that Mickey has paid for from the $2500 and still haven't seen anything.
I really wonder,,,,,,,, once all the parts are sent to me, if that really does happen, is Gus going to give Mickey's brother any money left over?

I will finish the job with the help of some good people on this site and get the motor to John for Mickey's kids.

So in summary of the whole deal and this is the last time i post anything about Gus as i am "DONE" with him,
I just can't understand how you could rip someone off like that Gus? What a real stand up person you really are !!

I wish you all the best in life Gus?

Brian Turfrey

( Godspeed my friend Mickey )

RGVSTEVE
- - - - -
- - - - -

#24 Post by RGVSTEVE » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:19 pm

No words.....

But if there's anything I can do to help with Mickey's project, just ask.

R.I.P.

rztom
Site Admin

#25 Post by rztom » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:47 am

Andrew wrote:Tom. Is there anyway the Group can open a 'Mickey's Bike Appeal' and let people donate a bit of spare money to assist with the build?
Absolutely... just Paypal me a donation amount that you feel you want to kick down for Mickey, and I'll make sure that either Brian is fed what he needs for the build, or we apply it towards parts purchased to help Brian.

If you choose to make a donation this way, please mark your Paypal payment as "Mickey's Bike Appeal" or "Mickey's Build" and I will set it aside as appropriate. My paypal address is rztom@rzrd500.com

Any questions, please PM me... :cool:

marky2strk

#26 Post by marky2strk » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:30 am

Brian,

I am just up the road in Elk Grove. I have some parts I could spare- some new, some used. Let me know what you need.

Mark Martin

Mike Cichetti
- - - - -
- - - - -

#27 Post by Mike Cichetti » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:30 pm

I'm in with parts and contibution, let's get this done.

oldguy

#28 Post by oldguy » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:19 pm

rztom wrote:
Andrew wrote:Tom. Is there anyway the Group can open a 'Mickey's Bike Appeal' and let people donate a bit of spare money to assist with the build?
Absolutely... just Paypal me a donation amount that you feel you want to kick down for Mickey, and I'll make sure that either Brian is fed what he needs for the build, or we apply it towards parts purchased to help Brian.

If you choose to make a donation this way, please mark your Paypal payment as "Mickey's Bike Appeal" or "Mickey's Build" and I will set it aside as appropriate. My paypal address is rztom@rzrd500.com

Any questions, please PM me... :cool:
Donation sent via paypal.

DM

BRIAN TURFREY

#29 Post by BRIAN TURFREY » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:29 am

Hi to all, I just want to say a real big thanks,,,, and i mean a real big thanks to you guys for stepping up to the plate when needed. It is so good that people are offering parts and money for Mickey's build. He would be real happy. I have come up with just about everything i need to complete this build except for,

Piston set ( must be 57.5mm )
Gasket set ( everything )
Inner Clutch hub
Cylinder Powervalve end caps x3

If anyone has any leads to where i can buy the above parts from please let me know.
Thanks again.

Brian

TEAM TURFREY RACING
663 HEDBURG WAY
OAKDALE
CA - 95361
USA

209 345 - 7957
BTURFREY@AOL.COM
oh yea,, a big pot of best wishes to all my friends down there in New Zealand. Hope you all are doing well after the shocker. My mother still lives in Wanganui, lucky no shockers up there.

YPVS KIWI

#30 Post by YPVS KIWI » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:38 am

Thanks Brian - yep a few of our members are in or around Christchurch, I can only send my thoughts and condolences to those affected.

I can probably help out with the PV caps - do you need the outer (blanks) or the inners :-? let me know I can send what I have as my contribution to the memory of another RZ enthusiast.

Great to see communities - real or virtual come together when needed.

Cheers
Mark.
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.--Franklin P. Jones