Public Reactions riding the 2 stroke?

"Off-topic" forum for general BS - spout off here

Moderator: rztom

LC Cnd
-----
-----

Re: Public Reactions riding the 2 stroke?

#76 Post by LC Cnd » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:29 am

Yesterday morning was fueling up when a Coke Truck driver pulled up beside the gas bar - suspect for a delivery. Noted he immediately jump out of his truck to tell me he remembered the RD's and I must be a sucker for punishment to ride one. Told him there's not better feeling than when the power band kicks in. He chuckled and shared he had purchased a RD500 for $500 Cnd (wow). Said he had to sell it and got what he bought for it. Before getting back to work, he complemented the bike I was riding and lamented ever selling his 500. That friendly encounter taught me the kinda regret these bike's appear to produce when your no longer an owner. Riding the next 4 hrs reinforced why I would not sell it eventhough its the 1st Elsie I've ever purchased. My 1st bike was a RD200 - though the 200 produces some level of nostalgia, it just does not match the thrill the current ride. Teachable moment.

brrrappp

#77 Post by brrrappp » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:34 am

LC Cnd wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:29 am Riding the next 4 hrs reinforced why I would not sell it even though it's the 1st Elsie I've ever purchased. My 1st bike was a RD200 - though the 200 produces some level of nostalgia, it just does not match the thrill the current ride. Teachable moment.
There is a fine line between "collector" and "hoarder." :smt003

waltmil

#78 Post by waltmil » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:07 am

Ancient funny story about a CS(I think)200. I was talking with a co-worker many years ago and he was telling me about a bike he bought for his wife. He said it was a Yamaha and had electric start. He said she was afraid of it so he was riding it. He said he really liked it and ran just right. Until one day after a ride he was cleaning it and noticed one of the exhaust pipes was cold. He looked at the spark plug and it was oily so he cleaned it and put it back in. He started it, said it sounded better and he started to take a little test ride. He said he nearly wheelied over backwards and immediately put it in the garage and put it up for sale. I had an RD400 at the time but I wish I had bought it.
Red/White US '84, Spec II pipes, Y-boot w/K&N, Fox Shock, Mikuni carbs?