Gawd...

"Off-topic" forum for general BS - spout off here

Moderator: rztom

force

Gawd...

#1 Post by force » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:11 pm

Well,I can finally see / access the forums - YAY!

Cox comms suck balls to anyone that car! If it wasnt for a tech head bud of mine I would still be up the creek!

MB

T.RexRacing

#2 Post by T.RexRacing » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:52 pm

hey.Was wondering what happened to ya.

Smoker

#3 Post by Smoker » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:09 pm

Glad you're back! :smt006

hellmanns

#4 Post by hellmanns » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:52 pm

May the force be with us! :smt005

Glad to see you back MB!

BTW what happen with your ISP? Let us know the name of it so we won't hire that s***... :smt003
"...It's just like traveling on a plane, but, without that horrible meal... and with the window opened..."
(RD350 87')

force

#5 Post by force » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:16 pm

Cox communications....

My wife had knocked over our cable modem while cleaning....I come home and no network connection :|

Phone cox.... 2 weeks! later,I get a new modem,Tech helps me install over the phone(i plug it in).....I connect to the internet and hit a site - YAY! Connect to another site and it takes FOREVER and eventually times out.....Of my favourites list I could connect to prolly 5%.

Cox tell me the box is brand new and there is no problem with the modem.....Its my pc(Hmmmmmm,They were ALL working before and now they are all NOT working??? Funny but TWO $5k alienware pc's taking a crap?

So,The arguing goes on.....Work wise the owner gets pissed if we even look at non related work sites so I cant access there :|

A month passes and cocks are not being nice,Techs coming and going,Peeps on the phone coming and going and my connections still sucks fucking dick(sorry) - The story continues and I still have no connection.....I live in the country,Like a tool I call cox and tell them to stick their cable connection up their fat arses! LOL! -Ya,You heard me take it and stick it suckas cos we are now going with direct tv satellite and bellsouth DSL,YALL CAN KISS MY LOVELY ENGLISH ARSE...The duly cancel all services.

We then phone Direct tv and get sat TV,YAY!
We then phone Bellsouth and oooopsie,They dont supply to where we live(May want to check this before i told cocks to f##k off)

I had a choice,Cocks or Dialup.....

So,I get the wife to call! and ask if they can resupply us with internet,They dont like us cos we aint paying the bill,We aint paying because we aint getting a service!

Two attorney letters later and we are disputing paying for an internet connection we dont have but have been billed for.......It goes on.....Eventually cocks give in an re connect the line,Send out a tech to look at the home net and still got nowhere :|

Our network at work becomes an issue,I call the PC guy out to help and woot,He is a biker.....So,He fixes the work net problem in 2 minutes....I tell him to come to my house on the weekend and I will give him the worlds greatest hook up on parts for his bike...Done deal!

He comes round.....Within 5 minutes....My DNS server set in the router by cocks is way wrong like WAY wrong.....DNS is based in NEW YORK.

Fixes that and my internet is way better,Still a little hit and miss so he measures the line quality? Tells me the line quality is bollocks,We go outside to where the cable comes in and boom,All of the cables are covered in rust/shit/wasp nests et al,One of the cables is barely touching its post......He cleans this up and im done.

So,Moral of this story is,If your gonna tell yer ISP to stick it up their jacksies it may be an idea to make sure ya have a viable alternative :)

MB

Smoker

#6 Post by Smoker » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:44 pm

force wrote:I call cox and tell them to stick their cable connection up their fat arses! LOL! -Ya,You heard me
You can only push a real man so far...

...then it's GO TIME!!! [smilie=boxing.gif]

hellmanns

#7 Post by hellmanns » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:08 am

MB,

I know that you have been thru this huge problem with your ISP but I wish I was there when you called them... and to receive the tuning on my engine... LMAO!!!

Cable modems never come well configured... they are all cock suckas! (sorry guys)

now you should write it down all your ISP configs (what I asked you before)

-Gateway (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)
-Primary DNS (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)
-Secondary DNS (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)
-WINS Proxy (if is enabled or not)
-SubNet (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)
-Modem internal IP (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)
-NETBIOS (if is enabled or not)
-your computer Network MAC (Physical Address)
-your cable modem (if external device now) MAC

you can get this on the RUN option on start menu then CMD command to open the prompt and then IPCONFIG/ALL
if you are using a linux based computer just type IFCONFIG (without the dash ALL)

DON'T post the data here... write it on a notepad under your pillow, someday you may need it ;)
"...It's just like traveling on a plane, but, without that horrible meal... and with the window opened..."
(RD350 87')

mikkell

#8 Post by mikkell » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:49 am

ya lying bugger you,ve been on holiday in the caribbean fer a couple of months :smt003