RZ Tool kit contents ????

Central location for technical tips and information

Moderators: rztom, silverstrom

rzowner

RZ Tool kit contents ????

#1 Post by rzowner » Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:10 pm

Hey all.... I own an 84 RZ KR 350. It is restored to perfection !!! I ride it occasionally, we all know what these things are bringing these days, so Ill hold on to it.
One thing I do not have for it is the OEM tool kit of bag. Sure would like to find one, although not one from some of these robbers on Ebay want for them. By looking at the prices they want for RZ parts I could part my bike out for a hundred grand !!!!
Its that nice !!!
SO.... could one of you all post some pics of a OEM tool kit that came with the RZ so I might be able to piece one together with the correct tools ?? Or any members have an extra one they may want to sell ??
Let me know, thanks,, D. :smt006

silverstrom

Re: RZ Tool kit contents ????

#2 Post by silverstrom » Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:32 am

Early kits didn't have the special shock spanner due to the adjuster being accessed just below the seat using the mostly useless rubber belt. but other than that they are the same for all model years. I've put together dozens of kits over the years.

brrrappp

Re: RZ Tool kit contents ????

#3 Post by brrrappp » Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:37 am

The USA Kenny Roberts did not have a tool "bag" with a snap

It came with a flat plastic "wrap" that had pockets or a single pocket- I can't remember it's been so long.
you lay the plastic flat, slip the tools into the pockets, fold it in half and roll it up.
There was a piece of string that tied it and then the rubber strap under the seat held it in place.

The picture below was the only one I can find on line