Zeeltronic Yay or nay?

General forum on troubleshooting electrical problems and modifications to electrical systems

Moderator: rztom

RZtuner

Re: Zeeltronic Yay or nay?

#16 Post by RZtuner » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:47 am

A programable zeel in inexperienced hands can be a dangerous thing, some of the curves I've seen posted online are just insane!.....Skim the head to raise compression and dialing in a bunch of advance at 9 - 10 grand is a good recipe for detonation.
350 Prod. SCTA Bonneville World Landspeed record holder
500 Prod. SCTA Bonneville World record holder
350 Prod. AMA Bonneville National record holder
350 P-MG AMA Bonneville National record holder
AMA No.1plate holder x2
Pioneer- Motorsport Hall of Fame

Bare

#17 Post by Bare » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:47 pm

Interestingly these past few years there's been few of those silly curve postings.
Either those who used to do that have either learned more or moved on.

jrodenhiser

#18 Post by jrodenhiser » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:39 pm

silverstrom wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:36 pm
jrodenhiser wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:29 pm Image

I set these up for the RZ, pre programmed, just wire and go. Simple plug and play option for guys that don't want to program. I got so many calls for replacements for the 84 crap cdi's but a lot guys don't want to program so we came up with this solution. These use the 31K stock Yamaha curve and I can set the rev limiter wherever you want it, just let me know when you order.

https://www.economycycle.com/shop/yamah ... ogramming/
Are you able to offer the Zeel unit with the correct ignition curve for the two later CDIs, or is it just the first series you are going to cover?
I don't have any plans to do that, the difference would be minimal and they guys that want plug and play aren't chasing power, just want reliability and some fun in the twisties on the weekends. It's usually the '84 guys with dead cdi's that go for this option. That being said, we can pre program them with any curve/rev limit you want though there'd be a programming charge or you can purchase the programmer and do it yourself, easy to program.