Livermore pics

"Off-topic" forum for general BS - spout off here

Moderator: rztom

steveloomis
-----
-----

Re: Livermore pics

#46 Post by steveloomis » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:13 pm

How do you like your Gopro camera? I have read reviews and they are a love/hate thing. I understand they had some early firmware issues and may still be quirky to use. You video looked good so it seems to capture and record well.
'81 RD350LC hybrid w/84 RZ engine. Zeel, Old style Toomeys, Yboot and filter 420 main 22.5 pilot, Air screw 2.5 turns out, DJ needle 2nd from top, Canadian VM26 carbs.
'85 KR/RZ US. Tank is seeping causing a blister in paint.....

kpke
-----
-----

#47 Post by kpke » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:54 pm

mkane wrote:Remember the seven sisters?

Hmmmmm :smt017 :smt017 :smt017

Can you fill us in mkane?

kpke
-----
-----

#48 Post by kpke » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:03 pm

steveloomis wrote:How do you like your Gopro camera? I have read reviews and they are a love/hate thing. I understand they had some early firmware issues and may still be quirky to use. You video looked good so it seems to capture and record well.
For me, it's kind of a fun toy. I almost bought a lesser model but this one was given to me as a gift. I don't think I would spend $400 on it, only because I'm cheap. But it certainly has a lot of capabilities. I don't know how many riding videos I can take of myself before I get bored stiff of it. You guys might already be bored. Too bad, I will keep posting more :smt003

Mine has worked nearly flawlessly. When I took it out of the box it had to be updated immediately before using it. Kind of stupid for a $400 miniature device. It locked up once when I was screwing around with it on the computer. I have read that a lot of people have had problems with them locking up. Speaking of which my PC needs a reboot. To be continued.

mkane

#49 Post by mkane » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:16 pm

This was long ago. Parents had friends who moved to a place out on Mines Rd. in the 50's. There were a series a steep bumps on Greenville Rd, more like hills, 7 in a row. Not sure if they were named after the 7 Bargmann sisters or the bumps. Believe they were leveled in the means of saftey in the 60's.

steveloomis
-----
-----

#50 Post by steveloomis » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:17 pm

Thanks for the info on the GoPro. Waiting on more info when you get your Windoz restarted again. Go Mac, never go back, except to program a Zeel..... :smt002
'81 RD350LC hybrid w/84 RZ engine. Zeel, Old style Toomeys, Yboot and filter 420 main 22.5 pilot, Air screw 2.5 turns out, DJ needle 2nd from top, Canadian VM26 carbs.
'85 KR/RZ US. Tank is seeping causing a blister in paint.....

reddog952
-----
-----

#51 Post by reddog952 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:18 pm

Cool movie!! I'd be happy as hell with a "Polished Turd" like that. She sounds like she's running pretty good and you can't look at em' when your riding anyways! I'd rather have a good runner than a all show and no go trailer queen (course show bike that hauls ass would be best :smt003 ). I sold Framemaker a part on Ebay a couple weeks ago, so it was cool seeing him at the end. I never had any communications with him ever, but I seen his forkless on some other sites. So when he bought my part I recognized the user name, exchanged a couple emails, etc.. Anyway, I thought it was cool, kinda makes the world seem a little smaller. Far as the movies yea, getting interesting footage seems to be the challenge. I want to put the camera on get out there pin the throttle, high speeds, wheelies, yea! Then reality sets in, I got a speeding ticket 53 in a 35 a few years ago. Our insurance went up about 50% for the next 2 years (wife weren't too happy :smt018 ). Here in VT a wheelie could get your license suspended. I think you got it, a little "spirited riding" and some nice scenery. I'm looking forward to Spring and sharing a few more riding adventures, if don't nobody like em' they ain't gotta watch em'... :smt023
1984 RZ350 - 421cc Athena Kit , V-Force III, 34mm Keihin's, K&N's, Billet Intake, Wicked Pipes

Evans Ward
-----
-----

#52 Post by Evans Ward » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:35 pm

[quote="kpke"]Mr. Ward, thanks for the compliment dood. :smt002 Since you are not coming to California to ride maybe I should go to Georgia to hook up on your turf (asphalt) for a ride. :smt006

Come on! :smt026 GA has some nice twisties within 70-120 miles of my house. You now have a standing invitation and a place to stay. You need to also plan on coming to the annual Deal's Gap 2 stroke meet one of these years too. Let's make some smoke!! :smt003
84 RZ350-Toomeys,SCR milled head, stk 26 carbs,300 M, 35 P, stock regrooved needles AS 2.5 turns out,stk air box,Banshee reeds Zeel non-progr CDI,TSRL Program YPVS,alum rad,R6 shock,GV emulators w/RT springs,fork brace,Shindy steering damper.

kpke
-----
-----

#53 Post by kpke » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:35 am

Here's another movie from 2 weeks ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhvtoNyW ... e=youtu.be

Have a great Friday :smt006

Evans Ward
-----
-----

#54 Post by Evans Ward » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:48 am

kpke wrote:Here's another movie from 2 weeks ago

Clicking link says video is private. Can you change settings for us to view? :smt036 :smt023
84 RZ350-Toomeys,SCR milled head, stk 26 carbs,300 M, 35 P, stock regrooved needles AS 2.5 turns out,stk air box,Banshee reeds Zeel non-progr CDI,TSRL Program YPVS,alum rad,R6 shock,GV emulators w/RT springs,fork brace,Shindy steering damper.

kpke
-----
-----

#55 Post by kpke » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:06 pm

Sorry about that. I thought the other ones were private also but I guess not. This sh!t be too technical for me sometimes. :smt024

I don't think I can fix it while I am here at work so we will have to wait in suspense until I get home this afternoon.

Work always gets in the way of the fun stuff :smt009

kpke
-----
-----

#56 Post by kpke » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:22 pm

OK. Try again, link should work now.

Evans Ward wrote:
kpke wrote:Here's another movie from 2 weeks ago

Clicking link says video is private. Can you change settings for us to view? :smt036 :smt023

kpke
-----
-----

#57 Post by kpke » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:24 am

It was about 70 F here today.

I went up Mines Road (and back :smt001 ) with the gopro mounted up.

On the ride back I turned it on. I wear the remote on my forearm so I can easily turn it off and on when I choose to.

I just watched reddogs video and decided I would edit my movie and post it up. His stroker kicks a** I want one :smt023

I was a super star stud rider today (for me :smt036 ) and you guys would have said so when you watched my movie.

So I connected to the PC :smt024 and all I see are 10 jpeg files. WTF

Took me a while but I remember the first time I pushed the button on the remote on I hit the not red button instead of the red button. No biggy. Right after that I hit the red button. Recording my bada** movie now, right? :smt038

Why do they have to put more than one F'ING button on these things? It is far too complex for people like me. :smt042

The button I pushed changed it to camera mode so each time I pressed the red button I was taking a photo and not starting and stopping the video. :smt021 Stupid F'ing camera :smt009

GD FKN SOB :smt013

Maybe next weekend :smt006

Edit

Here is my whole video

toonbobo
-----
-----

#58 Post by toonbobo » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:06 pm

Too bad about your video Ken. I was excited to watch it since I rode up to the Junction on Saturday with a friend and recorded my return route with a borrowed GoPro. However I rode up there on my small bike, the MB5. I did have some issues using the camera as well. Ended up having to delete my recordings of the ride up the hill (but that's ok because I was stuck behind a slow truck).

You can check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb5mXowYSPM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (39 minutes)

It came out pretty cool, mounted the camera next to my headlight. Since I only had the basic mount, the video format had to be vertical.
1985 RWB RZ350 w/Toomeys

kpke
-----
-----

#59 Post by kpke » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:22 pm

Pretty funny Richard. I see why the video is so long :smt003

What speed does that thing top out at?

kpke
-----
-----