Belated (UPDATE) Think twice before kicking a car

"Off-topic" forum for general BS - spout off here

Moderator: rztom

Questo vecchio rz

Belated (UPDATE) Think twice before kicking a car

#1 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:40 am

One of these is hysterical the other is tragic. Just shows how stupid this behavior is.

I personally dislike (narcissistic) bikers who kick or break mirrors when splitting traffic, they give everyone a bad name & make it more dangerous for the rest if us.

1st the funny one, totally gets what he deserves...lol, https://youtu.be/oPvchYNDME8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now the tragic one, 1st of all he should have known better than to fuck with a car..the woman who is a tattooed "skank" in every sense of the word & one mean bitch that didnt let his "door kick" go unpunished..& my God did she make him pay :smt010 Its been 1 1/2 yrs now, i think it ended aquittal or a mistrial? as nothing has been mentioned since her trial started last June. Road rage on a bike aint worth it. Im fairly convinced it was intentional on her part, but Ive watched stupid motorcyclists do some dumb shit in my time, like....challenging cars. http://fox5sandiego.com/2015/05/29/driv ... age-crash/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Questo vecchio rz on Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
96 GSXR SRAD, Future Yoshimura rep.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
86 VFR750 RC24 Merkel replica (project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

wolfman

Re: Think twice before kicking a car

#2 Post by wolfman » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:36 am

Saw the second one on the news, she was crying and moaning to the judge, " I'm a mother, my daughter needs me". I don't ride on the highways anymore not that I did much anyway.
It's dangerous enough with all of these distracted drivers with little to no skills maybe self drivers would be better or just make the drivers test more of an actual test.
84 RZ350 Spec II boost ports shaved head
Y boot 29mm PWKs billet manifold TDR Reeds Spec II pipes
Fox twin clicker JMC Braced swing arm
Tarozzi fork brace
Brembo 19 RCS Master ss lines blue spots EBC Vees
Spec 2 Full Fairing factory Solo Cowl

Forzfed

#3 Post by Forzfed » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:05 pm

The first video is pretty funny. The second link is very sad and the reality lots of riders face. Some people do not respect the fact that they can kill you when they are in their cars. I've had people push me out of my lane and I just pull into the next one if possible. But after I get angry and think I should have punched the window. Glad I always think of that about 1/2 hour after the incident.
90 RZ Race Bike
86 RZ daily driver
85 RZ low milage

Zombie

#4 Post by Zombie » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:43 pm

Why would you even consider challenging a vehicle that outweighs your ride by several thousand pounds?? That is a great way to get ground into cat food, or even shot.
-Z

John

#5 Post by John » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:46 pm

I have twice knocked on drivers windows who have started to change lanes into me. In heavy Vancouver traffic and just outside of their left side mirror, so they didn't properly shoulder check.
In both instances the drivers were totally startled I was there and as apologetic as they could possibly be at 90 kph.
My point being that I could have been better positioned to be visible in their mirror and I could also see their heads turning to check (or not) when changing lanes and even though they were clearly in the wrong, I will come out on the painful/lethal side side of the meeting.
That piece of pavement right beside and slightly behind the door is a dangerous spot to get comfortable in.

wolfman

#6 Post by wolfman » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:57 pm

John wrote:I have twice knocked on drivers windows who have started to change lanes into me. In heavy Vancouver traffic and just outside of their left side mirror, so they didn't properly shoulder check.
In both instances the drivers were totally startled I was there and as apologetic as they could possibly be at 90 kph.
My point being that I could have been better positioned to be visible in their mirror and I could also see their heads turning to check (or not) when changing lanes and even though they were clearly in the wrong, I will come out on the painful/lethal side side of the meeting.
That piece of pavement right beside and slightly behind the door is a dangerous spot to get comfortable in.
This is so true.
Drove 100' tractor trailers for a short stint and I can tell you, I NEVER ride beside them.
It's THE worst place to stay in every situation car, van, truck, hell even OTHER bikes.
Also, forget about riding on weekends or holidays around here for that matter. Tourists are just like they were in Maui. Stop in the middle of the road for pics and some poor working slob in thier struggle buggy mows them all down.
My head is on a constant swivel now.
84 RZ350 Spec II boost ports shaved head
Y boot 29mm PWKs billet manifold TDR Reeds Spec II pipes
Fox twin clicker JMC Braced swing arm
Tarozzi fork brace
Brembo 19 RCS Master ss lines blue spots EBC Vees
Spec 2 Full Fairing factory Solo Cowl

Questo vecchio rz

Re: Belated (UPDATE) Think twice before kicking a car

#7 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:16 pm

Belated update (Below)..

Tragic as the end result is, I'm feeling it's a reasonable sentencing for what she did. ( Im sure that depends upon if one chooses sides ) and that's. The bike rider instigated and elevated the problem
by vandalizing her car...Road rage...happens. "I feel " she may not have run him over intentionally...but she surley could have been mad enough to have done so. I think she definitely was "fixated" by anger..doing over 100 mph she was certainlly trying to catch him, likkey fir the plate #.
Unfortunately , After living in L.A. with frustrated and angery motorists and so many shithead motorcycle riders I can understand her anger...if I had a box of grenades...I'd be plum out of them by now...lol.

I yanked a biker off his bike one on traffic by his backpack, after he intentionally broke my mirror..he did not expect me to jump out and Chase him on foot between cars...he never looked back ..thought he had this "fake" privilege as a motorcyclist ...nope. wouldn't want to gave killed him though... duh. She fucked up...but just think how silly this was and how it ended. Two angry people whom feel empowered...ends in this fiasco.
Gotta remember...no matter how much if a bad ass one thinks they are, there's always a easy way to be taken out...he should have known better, especially with his training

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/ ... 78683.html

Whymee

#8 Post by Whymee » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:50 pm

Here in WV there is no such thing as lane splitting. I get stuck in traffic like all the cagers.

Question: For those of you that have this "privilege", is riding on the berm permissible?
2.5 RZ350's
2018 Grom
2017 KTM 390
2017 FZ-10
1973 RT3
1974 TY250
plus many others

brrrappp

#9 Post by brrrappp » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:18 pm

I've been riding street bikes since 1984. In my opinion, road riding dangers for motorcyclists have gone up dramatically over the last 15 years. I blame the smart-phone for the majority of the close calls. Distracted driving is probably the biggest single danger we face today.
The second biggest danger is road rage.
Simply put there is an increased anger among drivers of all vehicles. With retribution for perceived slights being anything from posting dash-cam video to ramming or even shooting.

kpke
-----
-----

#10 Post by kpke » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:18 pm

Whymee wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:50 pm Here in WV there is no such thing as lane splitting. I get stuck in traffic like all the cagers.

Question: For those of you that have this "privilege", is riding on the berm permissible?
No, it is not.

I only ride on weekends for pleasure mostly up on twisty mountain roads. However, getting there sometimes can be challenging around these parts now. Traffic no matter what time of day or what day of the week just absolutely sucks in certain areas.

So to get there and get home you must lane split. Splitting, IMHO, is not fun. You are putting your life at risk with the "distracted" drivers and haters. Some folks don't appreciate the motorcyclists splitting lanes and will purposely close the gap. I absolutely cannot split lanes when on the Gold Wing with my better half on the back. She will claw through my armored gear deep into my skin out of fear of getting annihilated. I don't blame her.

Thanks for checking back in on this questo. It is truly a very sad situation. The only thing to do when encountering a hater is to GTFO and quick. These days you just don't know what people are capable of. Seems like people are getting crazier and crazier.