My Sunday rides with the GoPro and pictures

"Off-topic" forum for general BS - spout off here

Moderator: rztom

Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
RZed
Posts: 268
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:32 am
Location: Oregon City, Oregon

My Sunday rides with the GoPro and pictures

#1 Post by RZed » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:47 pm

The weather was perfect all weekend so I got to ride both days. :smt003 I rode over to see how Garrett's (GRA400C) RZ 350 and 500 were coming along on Saturday. Then Sunday I strapped on the GoPro and went for a nice ride out on some country roads around my area.
This was my first attempt using Windows Movie Maker so it's not the greatest. Next time I need to raise the camera some so you can see more of the road ahead. But you do get to see the new Koso EGT gauges in action! :smt023
Enjoy :smt006


Charlie

Last edited by RZed on Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1985 RZ 421 Hybrid viewtopic.php?t=9655
99 R1 USD front end
Tarrozi Hi-rise clipons
TrailTech Endurance II Speedo/Odometer
VJ23 swingarm
CBR F4i rear shock/custom dogbones
JL GP stainless pipes
2018 XSR 900

LC Cnd
-----
-----
Posts: 1107
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:39 pm
Location: Vancouver Is. Canada

Re: My Sunday ride with the GoPro

#2 Post by LC Cnd » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:53 am

Thx for sharing Charlie. Just got a Hero 4 used for surfing - you got me pumped to use it on the bike. Did you use a cross strap go-pro chest holder for your shot? Also, any thoughts on how to muffle wind distortion while accelerating? Suspect it can't be filtered out unless the go-pro is behind the fairing.

User avatar
JonW
Posts: 9716
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:33 am
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: My Sunday ride with the GoPro

#3 Post by JonW » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:24 am

Superb!

As an aside: Interesting your temps are around 1000F, I would cautiously say that you are slightly rich, but also that seems nice and safe. The slight variation always has the right hotter, gotta love carbs lol.
My Projects:
see them all at www.2smoked.com

80 XT500 Supermoto!
81 RD350LC Resto
82 RD 421 LC Hybrid
82 RD 250 '51L' YPVS LC
83 RZ350 LC2 Resto
85 RZ350 F1 Resto
84 RZ500 Resto
86 RZ350 F2 Hybrid

Like Watches? Try www.PloProf.com and www.DeskDivers.com

User avatar
kpke
-----
-----
Posts: 1692
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Livermore, CA

Re: My Sunday ride with the GoPro

#4 Post by kpke » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:06 pm

Hey, WTF is wrong with you?

You're not actually supposed to ride these things are you?

AND video your ride? :smt011







Nice video Charlie. Thanks for sharing. :smt023

I enjoyed watching and listening to the beautiful music. :smt016 Man that thing really comes on hard when you get it up in RPMs. Also out in your country it’s so woodsy. I kept thinking you would pull over and pitch a tent to set up camp. :smt005


As LC asked, is that a chest mount thingy for the gopro?

I wonder why so much wind noise? Mine seems to block out most the wind noise. I don’t know how, but it does.

I use Movie Maker also. If you happen to find another free program that works well, let me know. My MM will often lock up and do weird stuff. That program is old and I think not supported anymore, though I may be wrong on that. May be the dated computer.

More video please. :smt045 :smt006
1983 rwb RZ350 Canadian stock (exc toomeys)
1985 rwb RZ350NC vm30,pods,porting,spec2 pipes
1985 yb RZ350 rat driver,fz/fzr parts,fox shock,vm30,pods,porting,toomeys
1985 RZ350 black? fz/fzr susp (in process)
more RZ350s on hold
1985 RZ500 (done, yah sure)

User avatar
RZed
Posts: 268
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:32 am
Location: Oregon City, Oregon

Re: My Sunday ride with the GoPro

#5 Post by RZed » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:39 pm

LC Cnd wrote:Thx for sharing Charlie. Just got a Hero 4 used for surfing - you got me pumped to use it on the bike. Did you use a cross strap go-pro chest holder for your shot? Also, any thoughts on how to muffle wind distortion while accelerating? Suspect it can't be filtered out unless the go-pro is behind the fairing.
Yes, I used the cross strap holder. I think I just needed to pull it up higher after I had taken off my tankbag. As for the wind noise, I was using the back cover with the open slots. Next time I'll try the sealed cover and see if that helps with the wind noise.
JonW wrote:Superb!

As an aside: Interesting your temps are around 1000F, I would cautiously say that you are slightly rich, but also that seems nice and safe. The slight variation always has the right hotter, gotta love carbs lol.
The temps run anywhere from 900F to 1150F depending on how much throttle you give it. (between 1/4-3/4 throttle) They do climb up to about 1320F on a WOT run which makes me a little nervous, but the plugs look ok.
kpke wrote:Hey, WTF is wrong with you?

You're not actually supposed to ride these things are you?

AND video your ride? :smt011


Nice video Charlie. Thanks for sharing. :smt023

I enjoyed watching and listening to the beautiful music. :smt016 Man that thing really comes on hard when you get it up in RPMs. Also out in your country it’s so woodsy. I kept thinking you would pull over and pitch a tent to set up camp. :smt005


As LC asked, is that a chest mount thingy for the gopro?

I wonder why so much wind noise? Mine seems to block out most the wind noise. I don’t know how, but it does.

I use Movie Maker also. If you happen to find another free program that works well, let me know. My MM will often lock up and do weird stuff. That program is old and I think not supported anymore, though I may be wrong on that. May be the dated computer.

More video please. :smt045 :smt006
Thanks Ken :smt006
If I find another free program that works well I'll be sure to let you know. :smt023 I'll be making more vids for sure!! [smilie=scooter.gif]

Charlie
1985 RZ 421 Hybrid viewtopic.php?t=9655
99 R1 USD front end
Tarrozi Hi-rise clipons
TrailTech Endurance II Speedo/Odometer
VJ23 swingarm
CBR F4i rear shock/custom dogbones
JL GP stainless pipes
2018 XSR 900

User avatar
peterz84
-----
-----
Posts: 876
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:42 pm
Location: New England

Re: My Sunday ride with the GoPro

#6 Post by peterz84 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:06 pm

Bike sounds great, love the EGT guages. Very nice country out there. Thanks for the vid man :smt023

Pete

User avatar
RZed
Posts: 268
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:32 am
Location: Oregon City, Oregon

Re: My Sunday ride with the GoPro

#7 Post by RZed » Sun May 01, 2016 7:42 pm

Just a couple of pics from todays ride out in the countryside. Mt. Hood in the background.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Charlie
1985 RZ 421 Hybrid viewtopic.php?t=9655
99 R1 USD front end
Tarrozi Hi-rise clipons
TrailTech Endurance II Speedo/Odometer
VJ23 swingarm
CBR F4i rear shock/custom dogbones
JL GP stainless pipes
2018 XSR 900

User avatar
kpke
-----
-----
Posts: 1692
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Livermore, CA

Re: My Sunday ride with the GoPro

#8 Post by kpke » Mon May 02, 2016 10:44 am

Very nice photos. Thanks for posting.

We can't get enough photos of that beautiful bike. :smt007

It looks like you had a really nice clear day for a ride. :smt045
1983 rwb RZ350 Canadian stock (exc toomeys)
1985 rwb RZ350NC vm30,pods,porting,spec2 pipes
1985 yb RZ350 rat driver,fz/fzr parts,fox shock,vm30,pods,porting,toomeys
1985 RZ350 black? fz/fzr susp (in process)
more RZ350s on hold
1985 RZ500 (done, yah sure)

whyzee79
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:16 pm

Re: My Sunday ride with the GoPro

#9 Post by whyzee79 » Mon May 02, 2016 2:18 pm

Nice. There are several RZs over here on the west side of the valley. We need to get together for a ride. Nice pipes on that thing!

User avatar
RZed
Posts: 268
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:32 am
Location: Oregon City, Oregon

Re: My Sunday ride with the GoPro

#10 Post by RZed » Mon May 02, 2016 9:34 pm

whyzee79 wrote:Nice. There are several RZs over here on the west side of the valley. We need to get together for a ride. Nice pipes on that thing!
Where abouts are you guys located? I'm always looking to ride with some more smokers. :smt023 I also have a buddy with a Suzuki GT 550 triple that lives out in Banks.

Charlie
1985 RZ 421 Hybrid viewtopic.php?t=9655
99 R1 USD front end
Tarrozi Hi-rise clipons
TrailTech Endurance II Speedo/Odometer
VJ23 swingarm
CBR F4i rear shock/custom dogbones
JL GP stainless pipes
2018 XSR 900

whyzee79
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:16 pm

Re: My Sunday ride with the GoPro

#11 Post by whyzee79 » Tue May 03, 2016 2:16 pm

We are out of Downtown and also Newberg area. We need to organize a 2 stroke ride maybe in June? May is already shot for me.

User avatar
RZed
Posts: 268
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:32 am
Location: Oregon City, Oregon

Re: My Sunday ride with the GoPro

#12 Post by RZed » Tue May 03, 2016 8:29 pm

whyzee79 wrote:We are out of Downtown and also Newberg area. We need to organize a 2 stroke ride maybe in June? May is already shot for me.
You can count me in for that! :smt023

Charlie
1985 RZ 421 Hybrid viewtopic.php?t=9655
99 R1 USD front end
Tarrozi Hi-rise clipons
TrailTech Endurance II Speedo/Odometer
VJ23 swingarm
CBR F4i rear shock/custom dogbones
JL GP stainless pipes
2018 XSR 900

Forzfed
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:38 pm
Location: Winterpeg, Canada

Re: My Sunday ride with the GoPro

#13 Post by Forzfed » Thu May 05, 2016 12:19 am

Nice vid. Bike looks awesome! Shouldn't your plates say R ZEE?
90 RZ Race Bike
86 RZ daily driver
85 RZ low milage

User avatar
RZed
Posts: 268
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:32 am
Location: Oregon City, Oregon

Re: My Sunday ride with the GoPro

#14 Post by RZed » Thu May 05, 2016 1:53 am

Forzfed wrote:Nice vid. Bike looks awesome! Shouldn't your plates say R ZEE?
When I was younger, my buddies and I always took a summer bike trip up to Victoria BC to check out the bikes (RZ 500's) we couldn't get in the states. And drink lots of beer!! :smt003
The Canadians we talked to always pronounced zee as zed. So it kind of sounded cool when I got my plate.
Here's a few old pics from our road trips up to Victoria.

Ready to hit the road.
Image

Image

Image

Image

Waiting for the ferry....
Image

Our dream bike back in the day. :smt023 :smt023
Image

Image


Charlie
1985 RZ 421 Hybrid viewtopic.php?t=9655
99 R1 USD front end
Tarrozi Hi-rise clipons
TrailTech Endurance II Speedo/Odometer
VJ23 swingarm
CBR F4i rear shock/custom dogbones
JL GP stainless pipes
2018 XSR 900

Forzfed
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:38 pm
Location: Winterpeg, Canada

Re: My Sunday ride with the GoPro

#15 Post by Forzfed » Thu May 05, 2016 9:49 am

Great pics! It is weird but for certain things I prounce it zee and other things zed. The Camaro's I always call Zed-28 but for the bike I always liked Zee.
90 RZ Race Bike
86 RZ daily driver
85 RZ low milage

Post Reply