YPVS Mito lookalike!

Got a customizing or restoration project? Discuss it here

Moderator: rztom

Screwdriver

YPVS Mito lookalike!

#1 Post by Screwdriver » Sun May 02, 2010 2:43 pm

Looks more complete than it actually is and is a different slant on the old Mito conversion.

Here it is a few years ago, it sat at the back of the shed for a long time.

Roll on to a few weeks ago and it looks nearly done. Engine runs, everything is solid, just needs brakes and lights.

Bodywork fits a treat but there's a lot of custom bracketry. The RGV stuff is bog stock off the shelf conversion. Not much else to say but if you want to see some of the rest of the build, I'll be happy to post it here.

I need to mold the oil tank to fit the sidepanels and somehow fit a battery behind the other. Apart from that she's nearly done, just waiting for odds and ends to turn up. Plan is to runabout on it as is, then strip it down to rejig and repaint.

Screwd.

peterz84
-----
-----

#2 Post by peterz84 » Sun May 02, 2010 2:52 pm

Really cool looking bike!! Looks like there is room under the tail section for oil tank and battery, yes?

Pete

ax-racing

#3 Post by ax-racing » Sun May 02, 2010 3:43 pm

looks good

beautiful bike :smt002
Alex

Screwdriver

#4 Post by Screwdriver » Sun May 02, 2010 4:04 pm

Thanks, I'll pass the comments on to Massimo ;)

..but I think the Mito body really suits the YPVS and because it's all from one bike, the proportions are bang on. I really hate seeing these sorts of projects with a gigantic, out of place rear seat unit. The only visual issue for me is the gap at the steering head where the Mito steering damper goes and a bit of a question mark over the headlight unit.

I have melted the oil tank to mold it around the side panel and I will probably fit the battery under the tank for now. there's tons of room under there.

Screwd.