S10RZ350

#31 Post by S10RZ350 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:48 pm

RGVSteve wrote:Charlie,
Not a bad looking arm, certainly a simple arm to work with. From looking
at your pictures I'd guess an hour, hour and a half to fit it to the RZ
frame without doing anything to the frame at all. Was cutting the frame
just to add alittle more challenge to the conversion. Looking forward
to seeing your project when it's done.
I forgot to mention. THE reason for widening the frame is so the chain will clear when running enough offset for a 180 tire.
1985 KR-RZ350 Project.

SEB4LO

#32 Post by SEB4LO » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:03 am

S10RZ350 wrote: I forgot to mention. THE reason for widening the frame is so the chain will clear when running enough offset for a 180 tire.
wow :shock:

the project seems interesting but with a 180 tire you'll have a bike handling like a truck :(
BIG BORE / STROKED MANIAC :D

SCREAMER

#33 Post by SCREAMER » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:36 am

HANDLES like a truck
maybe in your part of the world but here its 50 degree lean angles going twice as fast as your english shit roads will allow,GOOD LUCK CHUCK :!:
original owner of the roberts replica

SEB4LO

#34 Post by SEB4LO » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:33 pm

big rear tire syndrom :lol:
BIG BORE / STROKED MANIAC :D

S10RZ350

#35 Post by S10RZ350 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:38 pm

SEB4LO wrote:big rear tire syndrom :lol:
This is nothing more than a project Mr. Big HP syndrome sufferer :lol:
I've owned my RZ for most of its life. Ran over 14,000 miles on the stock 110/80-90/90-18 tires. Lost the rear at high speed.. Lost the front at low speed.. totaled from an illegal left turn cager. Rebuilt the bike stock - TWICE, then rebuilt the bike with the mid 90's GSX/R/FZ - 150-4.5x17 rear setup which I rode for a few thousand miles (tested on Angeles Crest hwy).

This 180 project is NOT about going ridiculously fast like your high hp syndrome engines do. I want modern suspension wheels and tires properly sprung and valved under my RZ. Any '06 600 weighs the same as a stock RZ. Before you say it.. the geometry is not going to come into play when you consider the pace I'm capable of on Angeles Crest or the street.

There is one other RZ I know of that has a 180 rear and thats Jamie James. From what I've read there wasn't any complaints about the handling.

So why don't you show us one of these Big HP Syndrome motors you build Mr. Big HP Syndrome sufferer? :lol: I'd like to see some detailed pics and info on one of your masterpieces. I don't think I've seen much of your stuff on the forums.
1985 KR-RZ350 Project.

tropical snowman

#36 Post by tropical snowman » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:04 am

Hi guys

I don't understand the aggression, I thought this was a friendly forum, to attack someone for an innocuous comment about a bike handling like a truck (my first impression, but if it works well, I might try it :D ) is a little mean.

Should I be afraid of speaking my mind if I'll get attacked over such petty stuff?
Living in Paradise!!

SCREAMER

#37 Post by SCREAMER » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:28 am

C,MON THIS IS THE WORLD OF TWO STROKES & ITS ALL VERY AGGRESSIVE SO DONT WORRY BE HAPPY :wink:
JUST BE READY @ ALL TIMES TO READ BETWEEN THE LINES & YOULL GET THE RIGHT ANSWERS EVENTUALY .
I SURE HOPE YOU CAN COWBOY UP & NOT BE A POSER POSTER AS THERES WAY TO MANY CLOGGING UP THE INFORMATION SUPERHIGHWAYS IN THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS.

S10RZ350

#38 Post by S10RZ350 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:00 pm

Attacked? Really? I thought it was friendly and some what humorous. Interesting how you look at it as me attacking him. Didn't you notice he's talking shit about my project? You must be a friend of Sebs, other wise, what the hell do you care? lol

Oh well, cant sugar coat everything, and this isn't gardening.. It's my project!
1985 KR-RZ350 Project.

tropical snowman

#39 Post by tropical snowman » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:08 pm

Hi guys
Sorry I guess I misjudged the earlier banter:?, I do admit that I did think the bike would handle like a truck with a 180 but you're right, the new 600's weigh the same (or less) so it should be good I never actually thought about it from that angle, I might try it myself when I get around to actually working on the bike.
When I raced an RZ500 we tried a 130 front tire (up from 120) and it was a shocker :twisted: it handled worse than a harley! I guess if the bike does steer slow with the new setup then you can always raise the rear end which will speed up the steering a little.

I love the front end on you bike, it's amazing how good the RZ looks with modern bits bolted on.
Living in Paradise!!

smurph

#40 Post by smurph » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:14 pm

I like the big tire too. I've got the big tire syndrome... :) Mine would have a 180 on it if I thought I could have gotten away with it at the time. Instead, it has a 150, and it did slow the handling down a bit. But as tropical snowman pointed out, nothing that couldn't be fixed with a little tweaking on the geometry. Now it handles much like the current crop of 600s and I have no complaints. And as Charlie has eluded to, it can't be touched on the tight twisties.

I have a complete R6 rear end that is going to get grafted onto the 350 or one of my 500s. I haven't decided which yet. Oh, and my RZV500 has the R1 190 combo on it, but I can't say much about it's handling as the engine just hasn't got any guts in it yet. But I do believe that I can make it handle like a dream. Is the tire overkill? Yep. But I like it. :)

But this is all part of the RZ350's charm. You can mold it into whatever you like. From a stock beauty to a wild beast. You decide. But whichever direction you choose, you can bet that most who see it will want one. :)

Steve
Fuel Injected RZ350

S10RZ350

#41 Post by S10RZ350 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:09 am

New camera. Slightly better pic. Swing arm is not in position.. yet.

1985 KR-RZ350 Project.

RuZty
-----
-----

#42 Post by RuZty » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:53 pm

your english shit roads
....He's French, why do you think he has that outrageous accent you silly American.... (Monty Python)

P.S. I've driven in Florida and England, sorry Florida loses.

SCREAMER

#43 Post by SCREAMER » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:52 am

:lol: monty python,s still funny as shit nowadays "guy lost one arm," a mere flesh wound. REMEMBER THAT ONE?
RUZ thanks for clearing it up but weve got autobahn type hwy,s down here although the on & off ramps are all decreasing widow makers unlike HITLERS design team,s increasing arcs.
good training grounds down here , ive never been out of the states but the euro mag guys always have the brand new rides year in & year out & in no time theyve got rusty header pipes on thier given rides for test flogging.
id like to retire to the isle of man but am not in my comfort zone & full lock countersteering anymore:(
the aussies wont let me in which is my second choice specificaly the phillip island area would be where id make home.
so yeah im stuck being the silly AMERICAN OR THE ANGRY BEE being the gemini that is me.

smurph

#44 Post by smurph » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:22 pm

Heh, yeah, Monty Python will never get out of my system.

"Too late! He's seen us. There it is!"
"What?!? Behind the rabbit?"
"It is the rabbit!"
"You sod!!! I soiled my armor!"

:)

I driven in Florida (and just about every state in the union except Hawaii and Alaska), Germany, Canada, France, Checloslovakia, and Mexico. There are bad roads everywhere. But in my experience, the highest percentage of bad roads trophy just has to go to Mexico! Sometimes the road just disappears and you have to start searching for it to pick up again. You have to learn to expect anything. Driving from Leon to Celaya was an experience I will never forget. An I'm told there are worse!

Steve
Fuel Injected RZ350

Yellow and Black RZ

#45 Post by Yellow and Black RZ » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:17 pm

Hello, S10RZ350 here.

I took down my old site AND for whatever reason an email address change locked out my account here. I've been thinking about changing my SN since I don't have an S10 anymore so I figured no time better than now.

I'm going to create a new thread when I have my images back online.

oh.. I fart in your general direction.
'85 RRZ350 - Hacked.