TZR250 frame and parts just found. What next???

Got a customizing or restoration project? Discuss it here

Moderator: rztom

Redline Junkie
-----
-----

TZR250 frame and parts just found. What next???

#1 Post by Redline Junkie » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:43 pm

Well, I had a line on this stuff for about 6 months locally, 30 min from my house. I picked up an RZ and the seller said his friend had some TZR250 parts. The guys said the fellow had a frame but used the swing arm and front end and rims on an LC project. The TZR was an import from Japan and had no papers.

Anyway, I finally got a hold of the guy and he was looking from a RZ350 bottom for a 421 project. So I dug in the man Cave and came up with enough parts to build a complete bottom and made the trade today.

The frame is nice, pipes are ok and some of the plastics are junk and some are in good condition. I should be able to make some of them work with some repairs. I need to find lots of other stuff for sure but a good start.

I think I will plan to drop in a RZ350 motor with R1 front end and Ali FZ600 Swingarm with SV650 rim.

So many ideas and not enough time or money. At least I have all the stuff to get it into a roller already and a built 350 motor awaiting a frame!

ImageImageImage
1985 RZ350F being restored now!
1987 RZ350 Stock
1985 RZ350F basket case
1985 RZ500 Stock

L.B

Re: TZR250 frame and parts just found. What next???

#2 Post by L.B » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:07 pm

If your lucky,Slinger might make you a set of pipes to suit that frame/rz engine.He used to make a cradle to suit too...Your ears burning Glyn :smt006

Btw,id kill for those plastics....You have a good starting point there Rob,better than me,I only got the frame lol.