aRSZd

Got a customizing or restoration project? Discuss it here

Moderator: rztom

Questo vecchio rz

Re: aRSZd

#16 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:53 pm

If you could answer a few questions? I didnt notice a build link. I'm driving. I dont know what you you were able to salvage from your unfortunate orig circumstance.

1.) Is this your original motor with the CPI contracred cylinders and port design and w servo curved blade powervalves ?

2. Same for your crank, is it of the original TSS design w the special weighted crank w matching case mods for bearings ?

Either way, could you shed some light on your engine build & design. Im slowly doing my engine concept, but likley will keep mt displacement around 400cc, as I want my PV on this bike. I am however intrested in the heart of the motor " crank" and what if any balancing of yours.
Thanks ...
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
96 GSXR SRAD, Future Yoshimura rep.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
86 VFR750 RC24 Merkel replica (project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

ghezzi

#17 Post by ghezzi » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:15 pm

Crank is +4, balanced. As supplied with my kit. I wasn't aware the cases were modified for the bearings.
There was material added and machining of cases for the larger cylinder spigots.
CPI 73mm cylinders.
YPVS controlled pv

All internals supplied/fitted by Peddro ......

JM (Cairns) supplied S/S bands for external muffler end mounts.
Noel at Pipeworks (Gold Coast) fitted the bands, made inverted 'P' clamps/hanger and inserted different baffle tube and packing.

Qv rz, its been 30 years since I've owned/ridden a 2 stroke, and 7.5 years since I started this project. Back then I was a prolific poster and supporter of TSS on the Ape forum until I realized there was a gulf between fact and fiction in the project management side of things. Nothing wrong with the engineers design, I just wanted a slightly different bike.
As a young man I owned two RD350LC's (non PV) and an RZ500 (with PV's). The LC's were the best bang for buck I've ever owned. I only ever rode one RZ350 and felt it was a bit lackluster compared to my LC's, probably due to a more linear power curve. However, the LC's were always tractable enough to be easy to ride, the 500's torque/power was identical in delivery, just more.

On that score i always figured a non pv 400LC would be a real hoot.
I'd rather ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow.

Questo vecchio rz

#18 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:29 pm

Thank you Sir :smt023

It's been a long time coming for you, enjoy it!
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
96 GSXR SRAD, Future Yoshimura rep.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
86 VFR750 RC24 Merkel replica (project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

ghezzi

#19 Post by ghezzi » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:31 am

Questo, have you researched if PV big blocks are still available.
Best of both worlds to be had there, mine is easy to ride off pipe when common sense (?) is required.
I'd rather ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow.