Telefix fairing installation instructions

General forum on fairings, seats, tanks, tail sections, painting and other bodywork modifications

Moderator: rztom

thumper580

Telefix fairing installation instructions

#1 Post by thumper580 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:20 pm

I picked up an original Telefix full fairing kit for the RZ in red,white, blue...never been used or installed. Has everything in the box except instructions. Anyone have information on installing these kits?? otherwise I can probably muddle my way through it. Thanks.
1985 RZ350
2000 Ducati 996S
WERA V2 National Champion

Questo vecchio rz

Re: Telefix fairing installation instructions

#2 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:48 am

I had the kit way back in 1986 from Spec 2. Without question, hands down the finest quality fiberglass ever made for a RZ. 20 years from now it will look as it does today, with NO cracks and NO spider webing.
Sure its a little dated by modern standards...but the RZ certainly is not modern so it's perfect for the era.

If I remember correctly mine had these goofy plastic IKEA type slip fits that tightened with screws, like many of the 80s fairings had, the headlight bucket was a square plastic housing with a foam insert..., There might have been a tapped metal crossbar that utilized chrome button head cap machine screws through the fiberglass in both the fairing and the seat mount.
I really don't remember for sure. But by working your way through it, you will be able to figure it out, you might see a better way to do it as well.
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
96 GSXR SRAD, Future Yoshimura rep.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
86 VFR750 RC24 Merkel replica (project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

thumper580

Re: Telefix fairing installation instructions

#3 Post by thumper580 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:46 pm

It blew me away...unopened in the box from 1987...Beautiful fairing....I'll take my time and should be able to figure it out...
1985 RZ350
2000 Ducati 996S
WERA V2 National Champion