Anyone run RS250 bodywork?

General forum on fairings, seats, tanks, tail sections, painting and other bodywork modifications

Moderator: rztom

evan_calgary

Anyone run RS250 bodywork?

#1 Post by evan_calgary » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:28 am

Curious if bodywork from the RS250 Honda will fit the RZ? I guess I would be looking at the 89 bodywork. It runs fairly narrow but the RZ does as well...

Questo vecchio rz

Re: Anyone run RS250 bodywork?

#2 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:17 pm

Being the RS is pure racebike, Id think it's still more narrow than a RZ. Ive viewed NSRs with a YPVS engine conversions, so it's similar. 89 RS bodywork is large down the sides. Without trial fitting pcs it's tricky. Obviouslly fiberglass is adaptable to anything you want to do. Depends how much work your willing to do.
I looked into a TYGA NSR bodykit for my RZ, we seemed to think it would work, albeit w alot of modification, I was nervous & just went w YZR kits which made no diffrence for me, as in the long run will be as much work as fitting any other bodywork.
Might try a RS /NSR forum and ask for some width/ height/ length measurements. Pipe and steering clearance is the main focus. Tails can be adapted relativley easy by comparison.
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
96 GSXR SRAD, Future Yoshimura rep.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
86 VFR750 RC24 Merkel replica (project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

evan_calgary

Re: Anyone run RS250 bodywork?

#3 Post by evan_calgary » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:07 pm

Thanks for the reply Questo. Just threw together a set so I will see how it fits. If it is wide enough to clear the frame and lower motor mounts it will be no worse than the YZR bodywork. I want to try and fit the long bellypan but the pipes are just not conducive to a full belly pan on the RZ.

I did some reading on the reverse cylinder banshee but wow that looks like a lot of work.