Banshee Stator Yeah/Neah?

General forum on troubleshooting electrical problems and modifications to electrical systems

Moderator: rztom

evan_calgary

Banshee Stator Yeah/Neah?

#1 Post by evan_calgary » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:42 am

This is a bit of an intermediary step during proof of concept prior to building the final motor but I would like to get the chassis powered.

Right now I have a RZ350 bottom end less stator. The first iteration will be a stock banshee top end before moving to larger displacement.

Wondering if this motor can be powered by a stock banshee stator?

How about something like the below?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/200-watt-1995- ... pB&vxp=mtr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What is the big difference between the banshee stators and the RZ350 units?

I will end up with little in the way of power requirements. Likely LED turn signals and LED headlight + coil.

Electronics I intend to run Zeel again eventually.

I suspect MK will have the answers I need.

justind97

Re: Banshee Stator Yeah/Neah?

#2 Post by justind97 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:46 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the banshee stator has the power output for the lights. Granted LED lights won't draw a lot, something to take into account.

There's a or a few windings that are missing on the banshee vs the RZ.

The bigger displacement does not change the output of the stator, so you'll be fine.

Personally I would just get the Zeel to start. The money you spend on a used stator is what, 3/4 of a zeel?

evan_calgary

#3 Post by evan_calgary » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:22 pm

The link I posted above is for a powered stator. 200W. Wondering if this can be used.

The zeel is not a stator replacement. It is a CDI/PV box replacement.

justind97

#4 Post by justind97 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:18 pm

Make sure the voltage regulator/rectifier on the Rz can handle the 200w output. If you look at those kits online, new they come with a rectifier

In any case, just eBay ypvs stator. I just saw a bunch that are pretty much the same price as the banshee one you posted but you know those can handle lights

RZed

#5 Post by RZed » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:20 pm

I just got one of these from Fast from the Past http://www.fastfromthepast.com/z1010, along with a Zeel Z-PDCI-11 (non-power valve) and a new wiring harness from Economy Cycle.
Jim H. at Fast told me that it's a modified Banshee stator that in combination with the Regulator/Rectifier will power all the lights and things on the RZ.
This will be my winter project starting soon. I'll post up how it all works out.....I hope!! :smt023

Charlie
1985 RZ 421 Hybrid viewtopic.php?t=9655
99 R1 USD front end
Tarrozi Hi-rise clipons
TrailTech Endurance II Speedo/Odometer
VJ23 swingarm
CBR F4i rear shock/custom dogbones
JL GP stainless pipes
2018 XSR 900

evan_calgary

#6 Post by evan_calgary » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:08 pm

Thanks for the post! Looks like a good option. FFTP pricing is a little much for me. Any idea what was modified? If all I need is an appropriate RR not a big deal.

MK? You around? I think you had addressed the difference in charging between the banshee and RZ stator. Potentially something about the number of windings being an issue.