Hyosung GT250R rz350 hybrid

We love ALL motorcycles - post your non-2T custom build here!

Moderator: rztom

GP_RZ

Hyosung GT250R rz350 hybrid

Post by GP_RZ »

Greetings to everyone, I have decided to build a hyosung gt250r powered by a rz350, as I have 2 spare motors kicking around and my old beat up 88 RZ350 for other donor parts. I picked up a 2008 gt250r for $200 Canadian. I am going to rebuild the motor this winter then fab into hyosung frame next summer. I plane to bore cylinders to 66mm and do some mild porting with vitos billet cages and carbon reeds and PWK 28mm carbs modified for oil injection, will deal with pipes when I get there. I would like to fab up a fiberglass solo tail for the hyosung and paint in yamaha colors. Are aftermarket ignitions worth it for what I plan on doing or stick with stock ignition?

Cheers!

Zedixe13
-----
-----

Re: Hyosung GT250R rz350 hybrid

Post by Zedixe13 »

Interesting , look like there's plenty of space for a RZ350 motor , chain on the same side is a big + .
Questo vecchio rz

Post by Questo vecchio rz »

There's a member here who has built two conversions like the one you want. He has not posted in years but I think it was "LT1bird". Search here , you will find his builds. Talented guy he was/is.
He posted his builds..but never really found out what happened long term. But the Hyosong/Suzuki conversions came out nice
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
96 GSXR SRAD, Future Yoshimura rep.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
86 VFR750 RC24 Merkel replica (project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500
evan_calgary

Post by evan_calgary »

Same guy was involved with building a number of RZ/RS250 hybrids. He posted one he built as a 'bike for sale on the net' and was very defensive before accidentally admitting it was his/related build. Shady dealings but cool builds.
GP_RZ

Post by GP_RZ »

Think you guys might be talking about the bike pictured below. Going to be similar with solo tail section being a 1 piece and painted in yamaha color scheme.