Italjet 200

We love ALL motorcycles - post your non-2T custom build here!

Moderator: rztom

evan_calgary

Italjet 200

Post by evan_calgary »

Just put up on 2 stroke forum and thought I would share here as well...this has been taking up a lot of my build time over the last while and thus my RZ has not seen any attention...

Hey all, figured I would share one of the creations that came out of our garage and was recently completed. This bike was built specifically for the Nakusp Motogiro event that took place a couple weeks ago and is basically restricted to 1974 or earlier bikes of specific displacements. The event is run on closed public roads up a 11km twisty hill climb. The Motogiro was originally an Italian event and Italjet was a manufacturer of branded Yamaha twins for part of their life (ie the Bucaneer). Thus the name. This bike won the event in the big bike 250 class by a decent margin. Only the 2nd time in 5 years a first-year bike has won the event (with the other time being the first year obv).

This bike started as a sad old 1974 that required a full ground up restoration. The frame was de-tabbed, custom rearset hangers built and then powder coated in a 3-stage chrome/blue/satin top which gives it a ghost-like appearance and different colors based on what direction you look from. Hubs are powder coated, custom seat and tail built from fiberglass which houses the battery. The bike is running custom built pipes as well. Much larger carbs and reeds were added and the custom list continues.

This was a ground-up effort that was finished just prior to the event. The bike really hits at 7k and pulls strong through redline. Everything was done in-house with the exception of the decals, there were no other bit outsourced. Welding, paint, powder coating and motor work all done in our garage. A big thanks to my father as the bike would not have been possible without his engineering and mechanical skills.

Pictures should be showing up below (not to be used elsewhere without permission)

RuZty
-----
-----

Re: Italjet 200

Post by RuZty »

That is pretty damn cool. Very clean and simple, nice work.
JonW

Re: Italjet 200

Post by JonW »

Thats a stunner!
80 XT500 Supermoto!
81 RD350LC Resto
82 RD421LC Hybrid
82 RD350LC decapitation project
82 RD250LC JDM '251LC' YPVS
83 RZ350 Resto
84 RZ500 Resto
85 RZ350 F1 Resto