Yambits YSS Shock Question

General forum on frames, brakes, suspension, wheels and tires

Moderator: rztom

bjacobsen

Yambits YSS Shock Question

#1 Post by bjacobsen » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:00 pm

I purchased the YSS rear shock that Yambits sells for the 84-85 RZ350 and I'm guessing that it uses the lower bushing and spacers out of the stock rear shock? I have not pulled the stocker yet and just want to verify I need to use the stock lower bushing and spacers before I try to press them out of the stock shock.
Thanks,
Brett

Questo vecchio rz

Re: Yambits YSS Shock Question

#2 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:38 am

Im not sure you will have to do anything, I've never bought a rear shock that needs a bearing nor a spacer pressed in. They all have been as easy as remove old shock, install new shock...that's it. You might want to look it over more carefully, I'd be surprised if you have to do machine shop work...but these days, one never knows.

I'm assuming you purchased the base YSS , model, A very practical low cost improvement, while not a race shock,( seriously you dont realistically need one for riding on the street.) You can't go too wrong.

It's a great deal for the price, It sells for a little more than $300.00 dollars, And it's designed & built for a RZ, and it's linkage geometry, proper length body & shaft, spring rates and valving as well, and does not push up the rear ride height of the bike to a level that's non adjustable level like the conversion kits do, that often utilize a 10-15 year used shock.
Really a fantastic price, about the same as a set of tires...it's such a no brainier. :smt023
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
96 GSXR SRAD, Future Yoshimura rep.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
86 VFR750 RC24 Merkel replica (project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

bjacobsen

Re: Yambits YSS Shock Question

#3 Post by bjacobsen » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:09 pm

Thanks Questo...Yup, it is the base model YSS, ride height, pre-load and rebound adjust only, it appears there is no lower bushing used, the shock has a steel tube pressed in the lower eye bolt that is the same diameter as the ID of the OE press in bushings so it appears as that rides directly on the steel sleeve the mounting bolt goes through with a good bit of grease and a couple o-rings for seals.