end cans different tempreture after ride. whats the cause?

A place for LC enthusiasts to hang out!

Moderators: rztom, 2smoke

graham heise

Re: end cans different tempreture after ride. whats the caus

#16 Post by graham heise » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:47 am

Thank you for your comments seahorse. (just writting seahorse reminds me of my old man who powered his boat with a chrysler 55 seahorse 2 stroke} I have read many of your posts before and allways take notes to good advice.
Well i took all the body work to the painter 2 weeks ago. then i pulled the fresh, 800k's engine out of the cradle to paint. Before i stripped it i did a leak down test. spot on. held 7psi for 7minutes.
Bores look good, pistons same.
Now the cylinders, head and side covers are painted. new gaskets on the bench and hopefullty all back together for a show case in 2 weeks.
ps. re. the crank it was freshly rebuilt but nowhere near set up. local crank guy spent 3 hours getting the centre right and the overall to under factory tolorance. checked it all on my own v blocks before install. when it's rebuilt i will use a degree wheel to check again the phase.
yamaha fanatic.

Hooligan

Re: end cans different tempreture after ride. whats the caus

#17 Post by Hooligan » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:11 am

If you really want to see what is happening inside the cylinders, install a dual channel exhaust gas temp system. You get real time temp information as you ride.

From having such a setup I can tell you the cylinders run slightly differently all the time and not in any kind of consistent manner. It all depends on what you are doing w the throttle.
'82 RD350LC in '81 colours, OEM pipes, UNI filters
'85 FZ750