[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4805: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4806: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4807: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
RZ/RD 350 & Misc. 2-Stroke Tech BBS • View topic - 81 rd350lc Canadian rear mono-shock

RZ/RD 350 & Misc. 2-Stroke Tech BBS

Technical Forums for Two-Stroke Nuts
It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:15 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:23 pm 

Looking for a supplier for rear mono shick. Doesn’t seem to be much available at a reasonable price.
Mine is pretty well done.
And I’m not as light as I used to be.
Regrettably

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:38 pm 

YSS do a good value shock for these, out of the UK they seem good value VAT free, I have several.

Like Watches? You will love www.PloProf.com & www.DeskDivers.com

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:44 am 

The stock unit was never good.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:10 pm 

The welded on eye at the bottom of the stock shock scares me. So weak looking..
Some guys just add a shock extension if its sitting too low.
yss

89 TDR250
75 Kawasaki H1 500
77 Can-am Tnt250

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:39 pm 

I went to a nitron shock couple years ago huge difference in handling and ride but around $900 all in. Just remember good ain't cheap and cheap ain't good.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:19 am 
-----
-----

John I'm pursuing that issue and may have found a Canadian company that can produce possibly a better shock that what Yambits/RDLC Crazy offers. Contacted them this weekend for more info to see if they will still do custom orders for Elsies & at what price. Did you buy another LC or updating the blue one?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:05 am 

Same bike as I had previously.
The shock just packed it in, feels like a pogo stick. It was getting tired previously, but possibly the unusually cold snap we had here put the final touches to an internal seal.
Thanks for looking into a Canadian source, I look forward to seeing what they have.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:17 am 

Hey Scott, I'm interested in knowing about this company for the RZ options as well.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:27 pm 

Is it Elka in Quebec?
I know someone that had a LC shock built there but I think it was around $1200.

89 TDR250
75 Kawasaki H1 500
77 Can-am Tnt250

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:47 am 
-----
-----

Colin your right - was it worth it according to the purchaser? Thinking John that these may be modified to fit - if within dementions. Tried to compare / get data on the KLR but have yet to locate. Nice shock.
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... rIabbrXux-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:17 am 

This was 5 years ago so maybe they have a cheaper option now. It was a nice robust looking shock with adjustments and aluminum etc..
He said it worked great and he was very happy.

89 TDR250
75 Kawasaki H1 500
77 Can-am Tnt250

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:53 pm 

1200 is a lot of money and compares to a brand new Nitron, ok for a dedicated shock to your weight on your bike for your riding i guess?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:18 pm 

To rich for my blood.
I just want a shock to make it driveable.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:27 pm 

get the YSS from yambits or brooks barn etc. honestly its far superior to the OEM

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:14 pm 

Erm YSS sells direct, at least they did for me.
Why pay some middleman?
PS; their stuff is decent, but it won't be threatening Ohlins .. any time soon