YAMBITS fuel tank replacement

A place for LC enthusiasts to hang out!

Moderators: rztom, 2smoke

silverstrom

Re: YAMBITS fuel tank replacement

#46 Post by silverstrom » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:53 am

I submit. I suppose my point was that Yambits is not necessarily as wonderful as some make it out to be, at least based on my own experiences and dissatisfaction. It is much like dealing with Wicked, some of us have different opinions and have had our own issues there. If something is good I'm quite happy to say so, but the opposite is also true. I'm glad you guys let me rant without taking offense.

FWIW, the Yambits issues affect the TZR and RZ500 as well. A well known and not too distant issue was RZ500 connecting rods that hit the cases. Another "bad batch" issue that was eventually resolved, but not without grief and denial.

JonW

#47 Post by JonW » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:18 am

Haha no worries John, I dont think anyone was saying yambits are amazing, more that the tanks are a good product. Ok, sure Scott got a bad one but so far hes the only one thats been reported, and it got swapped out anyway so other than time nothing was watsed. I suggested yambits as a supplier for these tanks for the very reasons I mentioned earlier, the good value FedEx post and the VAT free sale price. If other sellers did the best deal I would suggest them for the same reasons. Really, I was just passing on my experience (I and a mate here bought one of these each from yambits) of what i thought was a good deal - UK VAT is 20%, thats pretty much the price of the post of these tanks to Australia, and would be cheaper to elsewhere I guess, Anyway if you bought one from yambits you would get a tank delivered for the same price the brits pay, thats a good deal i reckon, we often pay a lot more for things than they do when you factor in post etc.

No worries with the rant, I just wanted to make sure we dont tar all the parts yambits sell with the same brush, ie they also well OEM parts, and the fact yambits supply horrible aftermarket crank seals doesnt make their OEM parts any different to say those same parts supplied Partzilla or your local dealer.

FWIW like all of us I think, I've had issues with quite a few of 'our' suppliers in the past, but its almost always been resolved properly to my satisfaction, and yes Ive had an issue with yambits just the other week and they sent me a replacement part rightaway, maybe they are improving in this respect. Ive even had OEM parts that were faulty turn up, in fact on the XT forum a guy just bought valves for his 500 from Yamaha and one has a crack in it*. They took it back and are sorting it of course, as expected. Shit happens... even from the big guns and its how its dealt with that makes all the difference. Ive found if youve not modified/messed/mullered the part, let them know in good time of the issue and are not ranting and raving it usually works out, but of course everyone is different I guess.

[*] - here is that thread on the XT500 forum if youre interested : http://www.xt500.co/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=7192" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
80 XT500 Supermoto!
81 RD350LC Resto
82 RD421LC Hybrid
82 RD350LC decapitation project
82 RD250LC JDM '251LC' YPVS
83 RZ350 Resto
84 RZ500 Resto
85 RZ350 F1 Resto
86 RZ350 F2 Resto
86 RZ350 F2 Hybrid

Like Watches? www.PloProf.com & www.DeskDivers.com

2smoke

#48 Post by 2smoke » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:34 pm

Yambits= minefield

Some good some bad
Unfortunately you have to spend the money to find out whats what.
I wish we could have some kind of success/shite list.
But I was thrilled to see Yambits send a replacement gas tank to LC CND
Colin
79 RD400F Daytona Special
81 RD350LC
89 TDR250
75 Kawasaki H1 500
77 Can-am Tnt250

evan_calgary

#49 Post by evan_calgary » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:31 pm

Good experience overall myself with Yambits through many orders but I steer clear of the parts that have had reported issues like crank seals. They do have quite the selection of stuff you can't buy anywhere else or at a fraction of the Yamaha dealer price and they arrive just as quickly as the crazy dealer wait times these days. Local Blackfoot is 1 week standard, often 2-4 and many parts indefinite if backordered (weird items too) whihc usually means 2 months..