My Library

Post your collection of 2-stroke printed stuff here!

Moderator: rztom

graygoat657

My Library

#1 Post by graygoat657 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:15 am

Among other things:
Original Owners manual
Original Showroom Hangtag
Original Sales Brochure
Factory Manuals
J-Spec Brochure
etc,etc,

mikenj

#2 Post by mikenj » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:16 am

In the "rz350 power pipes" anything on the brand "factory" chambers? Whats the one book to the very top left?

Anyway of scaning these? BTW, Nice Collection!!! [smilie=punk.gif]

silverstrom

#3 Post by silverstrom » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:27 pm

mikenj wrote: Whats the one book to the very top left?
That's "Tuning for Yamaha RD/RZ 350 YPVS" by Martin Kieltsch. I have that in my libraray. A great book and very useful. Lods of information on tuning, electrical component swaps, pipes, etc...

Info on how to order it is here http://home.arcor.de/martin.kieltsch/

smurph

#4 Post by smurph » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:26 pm

Get Martin's manual if you can! It's full of great things. Martin also took my EFI conversion and ran with it. There is a whole chapter (in the later editions) about his experience with EFI and the things he was able to do with it. He races a bike with one of my ECUs on it.

Martin is quite the scientist. Meaning that with everything he does, he uses good scientific methods. He establishes a baseline before a mod, implements the mod, tunes the mod, documents the mod, and then is able to qualify the results.

Steve
Fuel Injected RZ350

graygoat657

#5 Post by graygoat657 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:37 pm

My all-in-one Hp printer is currently giving me fits on scanning anything. Its probably an operator error. Once I get it fixed I will scan specific stuff and either post or pm. Winter months are great time to catch up on reading material.

graygoat657

#6 Post by graygoat657 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:20 am

mikenj wrote:In the "rz350 power pipes" anything on the brand "factory" chambers? Whats the one book to the very top left?

Anyway of scaning these? BTW, Nice Collection!!! [smilie=punk.gif]

The pipe article is very basic, but interesting. They test a set of Canadian stock pikes (non cat),a brand called F-1 and Toomey's. The results are mixed. Basically the Toomeys won, but provided their 11 Hp gain at 10,500 rpm with an "unacceptable" 94 db of sound. The Canadian stockers provided smooth power but a minimal gain (about 5 hp) with a db rating of 83. The F-1s were loud and lost power in the low and mid rpm range.
Nothing about Factory Pipes, but I had some back in the day. The guy I bought my first RZ from sold it to me with stock pipes and told me to run it through emissions then order Factory Pipes and bolt them on and swap jets. The bike definately woke up,but it would be hard to compare them against other pipes since it was so long ago. I currently have both Toomey's and Spec 2's. Its a toss up between the 2 pipes.