Marc Marquez 6 world titles?

Road racing, drag racing, motocross, vintage - anything racing related discuss it here!

Moderator: rztom

tacky1

Re: Marc Marquez 6 world titles?

#31 Post by tacky1 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:14 pm

Marquez would be lost on an old 500, No electronics, rider aids etc...
1985 RZv500
1984 RZ500 Hybrid
1986 RG500 Walter Wolf
1986 RG500 Skoal Bandit
1984 RZ350
1984 RZ350 Hybrid
1981 RD350LC
1981 RD350LC Hybrid
2009 CR500AF Supermoto 250X
2007 CR500AF 250X
1988 YSR50 (2)
1984 GPZ750 Turbo
1989 VFR750R RC30

seizer

#32 Post by seizer » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:00 pm

I disagree. I’ll be the first to admit that I’m not a Marquez fan but the guy is undeniably talented. I believe that there are racers of every generation who would eventually excel on whatever bike they were given. He is arguably the best in the world right now, and would be competitive in any era. Just as Ago, Sheene, Roberts, Spencer, Lawson, Rainey etc. would be competitive on today’s bikes in their prime. Talent is talent.

Questo vecchio rz

#33 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:42 pm

seizer wrote:I disagree. I’ll be the first to admit that I’m not a Marquez fan but the guy is undeniably talented. I believe that there are racers of every generation who would eventually excel on whatever bike they were given. He is arguably the best in the world right now, and would be competitive in any era. Just as Ago, Sheene, Roberts, Spencer, Lawson, Rainey etc. would be competitive on today’s bikes in their prime. Talent is talent.
I agree totally he is by far the best writer in the world there's no question about that whatsoever. He's beaten consistently the best riders in the world including Rossi the former number one he's the man.. while I'm no huge Marquez fan I likely oh that to my dislike of Honda as a governing force in the sport but I accept and acknowledge that my dislike is more from his Youth and immaturity. He has nothing to prove he's beating the best over and over and he does things on the bike that no other Rider on the grid can do doesn't matter if it will catch up to him cuz he's already done it ! multiple times! and is a multiple world champion nothing to prove at all
His incredible sense of balance and control on a machine he would have been awesome in 500 and I've watched them all.
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
96 GSXR SRAD, Future Yoshimura rep.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
86 VFR750 RC24 Merkel replica (project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

brrrappp

#34 Post by brrrappp » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:55 pm

Questo vecchio rz wrote:
seizer wrote:I disagree. I’ll be the first to admit that I’m not a Marquez fan but the guy is undeniably talented. I believe that there are racers of every generation who would eventually excel on whatever bike they were given. He is arguably the best in the world right now, and would be competitive in any era. Just as Ago, Sheene, Roberts, Spencer, Lawson, Rainey etc. would be competitive on today’s bikes in their prime. Talent is talent.
I agree totally he is by far the best writer in the world there's no question about that whatsoever. He's beaten consistently the best riders in the world including Rossi the former number one he's the man.. while I'm no huge Marquez fan I likely oh that to my dislike of Honda as a governing force in the sport but I accept and acknowledge that my dislike is more from his Youth and immaturity. He has nothing to prove he's beating the best over and over and he does things on the bike that no other Rider on the grid can do doesn't matter if it will catch up to him cuz he's already done it ! multiple times! and is a multiple world champion nothing to prove at all
His incredible sense of balance and control on a machine he would have been awesome in 500 and I've watched them all.
Rossi vs Marquez is equal to or greater than Roberts and Spenser
It's kind of like watching Freddie Spenser battle Kenny Roberts in 1983. Roberts was near the end of his career. Roberts had already shown the field that the fast way to the finish line included sliding the rear AND the front tires to make direction changes. Spenser, being about 21 had no fear. He was adept at this racing style and had a more forgiving bike with just enough power. Spenser had gifts that seemed to fade quickly with age. Roberts had a long term mastery that we have only seen glimpses of in racing since his departure.

If you put them all, past and present great heroes, on equal bikes that do not have computer aided traction/engine control, I say Marquez would crash out making some crazy-ass pass in a style much like Kevin Schwantz. I don't know who he takes out, but the rest of survivors would cross the finish line in a tie. :smt038