MotoGP 2016

Road racing, drag racing, motocross, vintage - anything racing related discuss it here!

Moderator: rztom

Hooligan

Re: MotoGP 2016

#31 Post by Hooligan » Sun May 22, 2016 5:33 pm

The videopass is totally worthwhile. They include a bunch more coverage, no ads and you can watch whenever. I don't really care who makes the money. I just want to watch the racing. I doubt the FIM cares if you want to punish yourself.
'82 RD350LC in '81 colours, OEM pipes, UNI filters
'85 FZ750

Questo vecchio rz

#32 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Sun May 22, 2016 7:03 pm

Whether we like it or not :-( Lorenzo proved yet again hes the best rider in Moto GP. Hes proven he can win from the front, the back and defeat others whom try to rough him up. Hes definatley on course to possibly surpass Rossis MOTO GP titles, in the next few years he might possibly be considered the "best ever". Hes doing everything he needs to do, and time is on his side. The Ducati seems to have everything going for it this year, and all they need might be a so called "alien" pilot? Rossi sure looked like he had the pace, but his motorcycle couldnt withstand the lil bit xtra they were asking if it . Marc, put on a hairaising final push that style will be his legacy, all or nothing riding style. NO ONE! rides a bike like he does and stays in the saddle , what he can do is not human.
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
96 GSXR SRAD, Future Yoshimura rep.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
86 VFR750 RC24 Merkel replica (project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

Hooligan

#33 Post by Hooligan » Sun May 22, 2016 7:16 pm

Not arguing that Lorenzo is a very good rider but that race didn't prove anything except Lorenzo got lucky and Yamaha has a motor problem.

Rossi was all over Lorenzo everywhere except turn 1 and it was inevitable he'd have put a pass on at some point. The Honda has some issues and Marquez did an admirable job of going for the win but the Yamaha had the grunt out of the corners so that also was somewhat inevitable he'd lose out.

Lorenzo has 3 championships while Rossi has 7. Lorenzo has a loooong way to go.
'85 FZ750

waltmil

#34 Post by waltmil » Sun May 22, 2016 7:33 pm

Well, I will quit whining and maybe give videopass a try. But really, today's race being an exception, this season has not been nearly as interesting as last year. There is some speculation that Yamaha upped their engine settings for the long straight to keep up with the Ducatis and suffered the consequences. I have to agree that Lorenzo is getting better, two years ago he would have lost this race. Sure wish Rossi's engine had stayed together.
Red/White US '84, Spec II pipes, Y-boot w/K&N, Fox Shock, Mikuni carbs?

Questo vecchio rz

#35 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Sun May 22, 2016 11:12 pm

Lorenzo got " lucky" last year..the lil shit won the title. But he did what he said he would do, chase down Rossi & win the title. True equalling or surpassing Rossi's titles might be a bridge too far. But by the end of next year, its very possible he could have 5 titles especially w Ducati having a pretty strong bike waiting in the wings, the Duc has power to spare for at least 1 more year it should be a get on it & win bike, unlike Rossis venture there...lol.
The race was pretty good today, Im totally happy with the coverage by BEin , its hands down the best racing coverage ever offeted on cable in the US. Here in Calif I pay an additional $4.95 dollars a month for a additional sports package that BEin is part of.
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

RuZty
-----
-----

#36 Post by RuZty » Mon May 23, 2016 5:31 am

I'm with Hooligan on the Videopass, costs less than 2 months of cable TV and you can watch more coverage than you'll ever need. WSBK do the same for a lower price, I only wish the FIA would offer F1 up in this format.

waltmil

#37 Post by waltmil » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:09 pm

Well, Rossi seems to have a few wins left in him. It looked like Marquez had him for a while but Rossi rather calmly took it back. Too bad Ianonne still has some growing to do. I have have not heard if he got penalty points but he should have.

Hooligan

#38 Post by Hooligan » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:48 pm

Rossi had his shit together today. George was going backwards quickly before Iannone torpedoed him. MotoGP is if nothing else unpredictable.
'85 FZ750

Questo vecchio rz

#39 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:35 pm

That was quite the victory, just yesterday Yamaha was upset as the emergency change to the track layout @ turn 12 appeared to inhibit the Yamahas ability. Then The Doctor slipped all the back to 8th position and had to battle past not just a few but (all) riders ahead of him. I thought there was no way his tires would last race distance after the charge through the pack.
Marc said he decided to back off as he saw Lorenzo was out, but it sure appeared he gave it all he had? Lorenzo.. What can you say..Andrea Iannone should seriouslly consider adding the "The Human Torpedo" to his existing "The Maniac" logo. If anything he more than any rider certainlly lives up to his stage name thats for sure. No one...No one wants "Crazy Joe" behind them...lol.

Too bad for Lorenzo, but he was going awfully slow, Ianonne was on a Blitzing pace and that was his braking zone all race long..he just didnt anticipate Lorenzos slow pace and line..was one hell of a stoppie though , he had that Ducati tied up in a knots trying to avoid a collision :-)
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

Hooligan

#40 Post by Hooligan » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:52 pm

The Human Torpedo. LOL!
'85 FZ750

waltmil

#41 Post by waltmil » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:19 am

I thought Lorenzo had chosen the medium rear tire but I was wrong. Some times Lorenzo is just Lorenzo. As for Marquez, I think Rossi was just playing with him. He was giving it all he had to get around Rossi and it looked effortless the way Rossi got him back. A little payback? Anyway, should be fun to the end.

solo 2

#42 Post by solo 2 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:24 am

This certainly closes up the points race for the top 3 riders. I think Rossi is just the best at saving his tires, just before Lorenzo got torpedoed his front was looking pretty ragged, there's no doubt Marquez let off...for the last lap and a half. This was one of the better races this year with several battles going on in the pack, Vinales and Pedrosa had a nice dice for a couple of laps. If Ianonne keeps taking out Lorenzo I may have to start cheering for him.

wolfman

#43 Post by wolfman » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:56 pm

Questo vecchio rz wrote:That was quite the victory, just yesterday Yamaha was upset as the emergency change to the track layout @ turn 12 appeared to inhibit the Yamahas ability. Then The Doctor slipped all the back to 8th position and had to battle past not just a few but (all) riders ahead of him. I thought there was no way his tires would last race distance after the charge through the pack.
Marc said he decided to back off as he saw Lorenzo was out, but it sure appeared he gave it all he had? Lorenzo.. What can you say..Andrea Iannone should seriouslly consider adding the "The Human Torpedo" to his existing "The Maniac" logo. If anything he more than any rider certainlly lives up to his stage name thats for sure. No one...No one wants "Crazy Joe" behind them...lol.

Too bad for Lorenzo, but he was going awfully slow, Ianonne was on a Blitzing pace and that was his braking zone all race long..he just didnt anticipate Lorenzos slow pace and line..was one hell of a stoppie though , he had that Ducati tied up in a knots trying to avoid a collision :-)

I thought I was the only one to see this ? Did anyone else see Jorge brake check ianonne @the last second ? Watch Lorenzo's bike jolt right before the tires make contact. Lorenzo tried to make ianonne go down not realizing just how close he was and then to be a child about it afterwards ? Dick move for sure.
84 RZ350 Spec II boost ports shaved head
Y boot 29mm PWKs billet manifold TDR Reeds Spec II pipes
Fox twin clicker JMC Braced swing arm
Tarozzi fork brace
Brembo 19 RCS Master ss lines blue spots EBC Vees
Spec 2 Full Fairing factory Solo Cowl

Questo vecchio rz

#44 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:55 pm

Spoiler..so dont read if ya dont wanna know...
Damn! Rossi was poised to take over 2nd in the points and Lorenzo was going to finish in last place! Things were looming good in Assen in the rain....then they stopped the race after 15 laps of 26 and decide to have a new race 12 lap shootout...well that ended in disaster Rossi crashes out of a apparantly comfortable lead, Marquez finishes okay to increase his points lead and Lorenzo gets a respectable position as well...Its now over for Rossi again...too bad.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

Hooligan

#45 Post by Hooligan » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:24 pm

Yep, that SUCKED!
'85 FZ750