Nicky Hayden says goodbye ro MOTOGP

Road racing, drag racing, motocross, vintage - anything racing related discuss it here!

Moderator: rztom

Questo vecchio rz

Nicky Hayden says goodbye ro MOTOGP

#1 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:13 pm

And hello to the World Superbike team for 2016. As a spectator I am less than thrilled about this prospect I think Hayden will be in way over his head with the current quality of riders I could be wrong and wish him the best but I think he's going to get his ass handed to him this switch really should have come six seven years ago has he hasn't been competitive since 1 year after his championship the same one for Colin Edwards it would have been nice if they had both returned to World Superbike instead of just driving around for the money. Of course as spectators as easy for us to say if we were in their shoes we certainly would have done the same thing and made very similar choices I would just hate to see him go into World Superbike had kind of an advanced age and get hurt trying to keep up with the youngsters. He's no Max Biaggi. Say what you will about Max but that guy is one f****** GREAT racer! It is a crime that he wasn't allowed to stay in MotoGP with one of the top factory teams regardless of his antics he was no different than any of the other guys..but as far a big balls go hes up there with Gardner, Rossi and Stoner in my book.
As for Nicky..I think hes too late to this party..unless "Honda" has some "Honda"rule change or new machine that will allow him to be competitive
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
96 GSXR SRAD, Future Yoshimura rep.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
86 VFR750 RC24 Merkel replica (project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

T.RexRacing

Re: Nicky Hayden says goodbye ro MOTOGP

#2 Post by T.RexRacing » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:35 pm

I take it you never saw Nicky ride the factory RC51. He'll be competitive.

I do believe there will be a new CBR1000RR for '16.
There is only one difference between a madman and me. The madman thinks he is sane. I know I am mad.
Salvador Dali

Questo vecchio rz

#3 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:55 am

T.RexRacing wrote:I take it you never saw Nicky ride the factory RC51. He'll be competitive.

I do believe there will be a new CBR1000RR for '16.
No I remember vividly Hayden was riding a 1000 cc full factoty HRC RC51 machine Matt Mladin was riding the last year of the Yosh GSXR 750...lol
I Do hope Honda brings it though would be fun to watch..

Nicky was winning championships when he was in school...seriouslly. IMO If they had kept the same original 990 hooligan format..he would have done better in Moto GP. Even Ben Spies might have shown better.
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

JanBros

#4 Post by JanBros » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:25 pm

Michael Vd Mark is already a brigde too far for Nicky, let alone the Kawa's,Duc's and new Yam's.
And IF Honda is to bring a new superbike, it should have been out already to start developing it for racing if they want it to be somewhat competitive in 2016.
if it runs, you can race it !

T.RexRacing

#5 Post by T.RexRacing » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:33 pm

We'll see next spring.
There is only one difference between a madman and me. The madman thinks he is sane. I know I am mad.
Salvador Dali

Hooligan

#6 Post by Hooligan » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:10 am

Sure be interesting to see how he does.

Not sure I agree with him being inducted as a MotoGP hall of famer or whatever it was. I'm a big Nicky fan but seriously he only won 3 races in over a decade.
'82 RD350LC in '81 colours, OEM pipes, UNI filters
'85 FZ750

Questo vecchio rz

#7 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:50 pm

Hooligan wrote:Not sure I agree with him being inducted as a MotoGP hall of famer or whatever it was. I'm a big Nicky fan but seriously he only won 3 races in over a decade.
Yea the "legend" this is pretty silly.
A decade and less than a handful of wins, He did technically win a championship and was exiting for two years. Still not as bad as Colin Edwards over a decade and O wins. The American media always overrated him. Great superbike racer, but obviouslly never GP winning caliber. I assume its a PR campaign to American fans...like to convince them American riders are "still revelant" and maintain some marketshare for the rapidly vanishing American market. Flag waving is kind of silly to me..but I understand why they do it. I dont see any American racers being on the world stage for a decade possibly much longer. Ben Spies was by far the best chance, but was never at the same level. Josh Herrin fhor-get about it.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

JanBros

#8 Post by JanBros » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:13 pm

PJ Jacobsen is doing great , especialy since he switched to the CBR. If he continues to develop at the same rate, he'll have a chance on a good factory bike. maybe not in MotoGP but certainly in SBK.

seahorse
-----
-----

#9 Post by seahorse » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:44 pm

Hayden or we know him as ( rick in real humans) a legend?
What the.......
81 RD 250 LC Hybrid .Widened frame with Aprilia RS250 Back end & Front end, strokd RZ 421, Kennys TSA's, 31KVM26SS Carbs M-360 P-25 ALBA Ndl Pos 3, Air 1.3/4
81Rd350lc resto 2016
81 Rd250lc resto 2017
1999 ZRX 1100

Questo vecchio rz

#10 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:06 pm

Heres Moto GPs legends list...Hayden is now on the list with 3 wins in 13 years ??
No Randy Mamola, John Kosinski, Max Biagii, Loris etc. All have way more wins and were always @ or near the front. Alright Alright..hes the "token" American $$$$
http://www.motogp.com/en/MotoGP+Legends" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

Questo vecchio rz

#11 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Tue May 17, 2016 12:40 pm

Well, I didnt see this coming. Hats off to Nicky Hayden, he won a WSBK race. It was in the wet, which often shows a riders true skillset, especially with his background. But a win is a win.
The Hondas are definatley long in the tooth, Curuious to see if they debut the new 1000 for next year ?
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

Hooligan

#12 Post by Hooligan » Tue May 17, 2016 3:25 pm

That Honda is a dog. No wonder Rea jumped to Kawasaki.
'82 RD350LC in '81 colours, OEM pipes, UNI filters
'85 FZ750

JanBros

#13 Post by JanBros » Tue May 17, 2016 6:34 pm

JanBros wrote:Michael Vd Mark is already a brigde too far for Nicky
My apologies to Nicky.

I still thinck he was overated in GP , but he is doing much better than I expected in WSBK and I was even rooting for him last sunday .

solo 2

#14 Post by solo 2 » Tue May 17, 2016 8:06 pm

Questo vecchio rz wrote:Heres Moto GPs legends list...Hayden is now on the list with 3 wins in 13 years ??
No Randy Mamola, John Kosinski, Max Biagii, Loris etc. All have way more wins and were always @ or near the front. Alright Alright..hes the "token" American $$$$
http://www.motogp.com/en/MotoGP+Legends" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I also see Marco Simoncelli on there, that's a joke, won nothing in the premier class and only one 250 championship. If he wasn't Italian, he'd be a sidebar in MotoGP history. I like wild riders but let's not elevate someone above their standing.

Questo vecchio rz

#15 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Tue May 17, 2016 8:49 pm

Nicky was suited well for the 990 machines, just like the bikes that preceded that generation of bikes they needed a lot of control and manhandling once they started piling on all the electronic aids things changed. Hayden rides old school as does Rossi & Marquez would be really awesome if they raced flat track, even with the US bikes vs the Euro style, would be nice to see those 3 go at it. Reports say hes awfully frustrated nit being closer to the frontrunners, but he's got nothing to hang his head low from, If i recall he won the AMA superbike championship while attending high school he had to get permission to leave classes to race. Him and his brithers wrre something to watch @ flattrack/speedway..I watched one series where all three brothers finished 1-2-3. Thats pretty cool.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500