MotoGP 2015

Road racing, drag racing, motocross, vintage - anything racing related discuss it here!

Moderator: rztom

T.RexRacing

Re: MotoGP 2015

#121 Post by T.RexRacing » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:24 pm

And then there's this.
There is only one difference between a madman and me. The madman thinks he is sane. I know I am mad.
Salvador Dali

TDR_50
-----
-----

#122 Post by TDR_50 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:49 pm

He needs some training wheels !!
" Curing my Midlife CRISIS 1 turn at a time"

http://www.tdrracing.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.tdrrz.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

T.RexRacing

#123 Post by T.RexRacing » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:00 pm

Rossi second to Whoregay by .081 seconds in qualifying. It's my opinion Rossi will be on his game tomorrow. If he cannot get a start and get away he will hang on Whoregay and push him into a mistake. Which has been a very successful strategy. IMHO 2010 will pale next to what tomorrow will bring. Can't wait.
There is only one difference between a madman and me. The madman thinks he is sane. I know I am mad.
Salvador Dali

solo 2

#124 Post by solo 2 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:18 pm

I wonder if team rules will ever be invoked (does this happen in MotoGP?), especially if there is an incident of some sort. Technically Lorenzo is the #1 rider for Yamaha but Rossi is THE superstar. If Rossi or Marquez pushes Lorenzo into a mistake/crash it would be epic and I'm all for it.

T.RexRacing

#125 Post by T.RexRacing » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:33 am

Nah I wanna see Rossi straight up beat Lorenzo. No excuses. And I'd say no team orders after seeing the battles of 2010.
Salvador Dali

JanBros

#126 Post by JanBros » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:10 am

no need for teamorders, the tittle can nt escape Yamaha.
And Rossi won't need them to take nr 10
if it runs, you can race it !

Hellgate

#127 Post by Hellgate » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:22 pm

T.RexRacing wrote:Nah I wanna see Rossi straight up beat Lorenzo. No excuses. And I'd say no team orders after seeing the battles of 2010.
I'd say he beat straight up yesterday.
Cheers!

Pete

'12 Tuono V4R APRC, '05 R6, '88 RZ350, '82 XV920R

Hooligan

#128 Post by Hooligan » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:48 pm

Race went from boring to total nail biter in only a few laps.
'82 RD350LC in '81 colours, OEM pipes, UNI filters
'85 FZ750

T.RexRacing

#129 Post by T.RexRacing » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:10 pm

Hellgate wrote:
T.RexRacing wrote:Nah I wanna see Rossi straight up beat Lorenzo. No excuses. And I'd say no team orders after seeing the battles of 2010.
I'd say he beat straight up yesterday.
Doesn't pay any points.

IMO Lorenzo has become a one trick pony on the big bikes. A very talented one but all it takes is one grain of sand. Has problems managing equipment,traffic and heavy pressure. He's been at his long enough to know better but all he can do is get out front and rail 'em off at an amazing pace. And in these times on those bikes in that field it is not enough. Not to mention his total lack of grace win or lose.

And Pedrosa is the greatest rider not to be champion. And if he continues to find it that won't stay true.
Salvador Dali

Hooligan

#130 Post by Hooligan » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:29 pm

I think JL can lay down a whippin when we has to.

Pedrosa ain't never gonna win the championship. He is the Randy Mamola of this generation.
'85 FZ750

solo 2

#131 Post by solo 2 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:34 am

The more I watch Lorenzo the more I think he is a brilliant technical rider, but throw any little kink in his way and he can't seem to ride around it. I would like to see him have a bad start or incident early on and see what happens, Marquez, Rossi and Pedrosa can fight their way through traffic at quite a pace, I have yet to see Lorenzo do this.

Pedrosa has had bad luck with injuries/incidents through his entire career, I think he could still do it IF Marquez continues to ride the way he has this year.

Kept saying to my wife that Lorenzo was going too hard on the wets, also noticed that Rossi was staying off the race line on some straight sections, cooling the tires I think. Pedrosa was a complete surprise, spectacular once he passed Dovi.

Questo vecchio rz

#132 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:42 am

You took the words right out of my mouth about Dani Pedrosa /Randy Mamola. It is shaping up to be a razor's edge finish for either Lorenzo or Rossi Lorenzo has proven he is generally the faster more disciplined rider the past few years I think he might run down Rossi and take the championship. Lorenzo is always in great form at the last tracks of the year especially with Rossi being the man in front there is no more incentive for any racer to give chase, I think they hate him Lol. I also believe this injury Lorenzo supposedly sustained during the week while training with Pedrosa was bogus I think those two are working together has friends as countrymen. I think it is going to be very hard for Rossi to pull this off but I certainly hope that he does he has the knowledge he should have the motorcycle his qualifying has been well below par the last few years It is going to be the key to victory if he qualifies down second and third row he's not going to do it especially against Lorenzo's Mladin style starts. Pedrosa is just on fire now that he had his surgeries I don't care what anybody says he's one tough talented little bastard just bad luck has kept him from a championship. What I am so glad to see is Rossi back fighting for the championship virtually everybody wrote him off and said he would never return was past his prime win or lose nobody can ever say anything that could take away from his legend can't say it's the machine that made him great or what Casey Stoner tried to claim that he only won because of his tires or that he is too old and past his prime every wall that he has faced he has pushed down and driven through! Just one fearless, ruthless, tactical, skilled individual. Everybody chasing him and everyone beating him has learned from him
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
96 GSXR SRAD, Future Yoshimura rep.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
86 VFR750 RC24 Merkel replica (project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

Hooligan

#133 Post by Hooligan » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:02 pm

A few years ago Pedrosa and Lorenzo hated each other so much the King of Spain basically had to force them to shake hands. No way are they working together to bring down Rossi.

Lorenzo is more than capable of engaging in a knock down drag out fight. He just hasn't had to this year because he has been so damn fast. He made an amateurish mistake by going too hard early on. Maybe his ego got the better of him.

Rossi has always been better at race strategy and conserving bike/tires for when he really needs them.
'85 FZ750

Questo vecchio rz

#134 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:54 pm

Well apparently Pedrosa and Lorenzo are friends enough to go mini bike racing together that's how the Lorenzo got injured apparently? I still think it was a ploy psychological attempt.
Regardless neither Lorenzo nor Rossi can afford a big mistake and it adds to the tension. Nobody knows this more than Rossi when had the championship locked up and he gifted Hayden the championship with his uncharacteristic crash. I suppose that's not a fair statement if you win you win, Nicky won the championship fair and square.
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
96 GSXR SRAD, Future Yoshimura rep.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
86 VFR750 RC24 Merkel replica (project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

aaronmvrider
-----
-----

#135 Post by aaronmvrider » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:18 am

be there phillip island tomorrow...giiiiiidy upppp
1 x 4mm stroker rz 375cc 1983
1 x 7mm stroker rz 443cc 1984 (under construction)
1 x rz 500
1 x mv agusta 1000