NEW WICKED WHEELS.

Good with a camera? Post pics of your favorite 2-stroke here!

Moderator: rztom

mikee

#16 Post by mikee » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:17 pm

You should get them on retro bike mate

So you chopped up a Cannondale est to build the tandem

Bit like mine

wicked motorsports
-----
-----

#17 Post by wicked motorsports » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:03 pm

This old RZ wrote:Nice bike..Good ol GTs!! Ive had several GTs over the years a Zaskar,Avalanche and one of their 1st generation full suspension bikes RS2,back when they were made in the USA. I had a Mountain Cycle San Andreas,one of the 1st bikes with disk brakes...lol two of these bikes were liberated from my garage,even still they cost 1300.00- 1500.00 brand new...way back in 92-96 ish. I thought that was expensive...now there running 3,4 and 6 grand :smt010
The new bikes are just WAY TOO expensive for me now,I could never justify it.. My wife would certainlly cut my balls off with a rusted butter knife..if I rolled up on a new one.
Mountain biking unfortunatley was kinda ruined here in So cal,by alot of the "trendy" look at me ..dweeb types with jersesys same odd types whom take road biking way too serious shaving their legs for weekend rides etc... :smt017 .. There hung up on grams and how much you have to spend to be light,while most of them weigh in @200 + lbs....lol. IMO Its still all about having fun,the scenery and just gettting away from people! I do have some cool jerseys though
I used to ride the Santa Monica mountains alot and there was this "Old Guy" I'm guessing he was about 55-62? at the time easily in his 70s by now...anyways he had this old "Huffy" and a real old Gary Fisher mountain bike...he used to just fuck with young guys with expensive bikes hed joke around with them,and say things like I wish I had that bike,Id really be able to beat you kids to the top...etc.. He',d shadow them while talking up a storm...until they gave up totally annoyed with him and tried to pull away...then he would just get it on!!!!That guy had HUGE lungs and massive calfs and would out climb virtually anyone....on a 21 speed Huffy most of the time, of all things :smt005 It was funny & great too watch him...and he had a point...its not the bike ..its you /your body. He made a monkey out of me,on my GT I was forewarned about him,everyone kinda knew who he was,but I thought hell I'm 32 I can lay waste to this guy... [smilie=ops.gif] :smt009 He smoked me..I was saying "fuck man bring me back my lungs Mr.!!,it wasnt hard for him as Im not a hard core 200 mile a week rider,down hill or single track rider Im more cross country kinda rider in general I suppose. but he kept saying..."just keep it up ride every day and youll be just like me..I'm going to live to be over 100!!" I hope he still riding malibu and the Santa Monicas,good old fashinoned real people,instead off all the posers on the trails these days.
Remember this was long before BIG travel suspension & 40 lbs downhill bikes.
Right now Im sporting a old school late 90s Gary Fisher"Level Betty" [smilie=wheelchair.gif] ..it has maybe 3"-3 1/2" of travel..but I love the look and I get compliments most times I ride,has a lockout for hill climbs ..and weighs about the same as most new bikes so Im happy. I just bought a single speed ,road bike,reto "board track look...Im not too keen with the skinny wheel thing though..but its good exercise though..I need it as i really fell off the fitness map over the past couple years.
And dont ever underestimate to girls on the trail....they usually weigh less than us ..but their thighs and legs are naturally built for ... BIG power..it hummbling when a chick cleans your clock...If guys say its never happened to them...you know there liars :smt005 :smt002
Hahahaha Funny you say GT Avalanche Old RZ. I was rocking this 2000 0.0 WIth some WHite Bro DH2 Forks. This bike did rock the bus even thou it had a rigid rear. I just keep getting faster Down hill so i had to step up to the GT Carbon fiber sport. This new bike freaking Rocks! I also have a Set of New DH2 200mm Travel front forks i plan to add later for the DH in the SUmmer time.

Wicked Motorsports Inc.
10552 Stanford Ave.
Garden Grove, CA 92840
The United States
http://www.wickedatv.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1-714-530-2215 fax 1-714-530-2217
E-mail: roger@wickedatv.com

wicked motorsports
-----
-----

#18 Post by wicked motorsports » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:04 pm

JonW wrote:
wicked motorsports wrote:
JonW wrote:haha, cool. Well the yellow bike wasnt scary, it was the rest of the traffic! :smt003
Hahaha it Wasn't scary when you ran out of fuel in traffic bettween the semi trucks on the 385? hahahaha! I tell that story to all my buddy's. "The day I lost the Austrilian to the California traffic" hahahaha.

Do hit me up Jon. I do miss shooting the shit with ya! I'll for sure be ready to tour you around Cali more your next time out. So come ready for some adventure on the trails and what ever else trouble i can find for you lol :smt003
Well yeah, the traffic was the scary bit, the bike was awesome... when it had a steady flow of fuel :smt003

I still think of you checking your mirrors and thinking 'er, where did he go?!'. Almost as much as I think about the gas station where no one spoke english and the only maps they had were north LA, WTF?! :smt017

Dont worry Roger, we have some plans in place for next year and they include dropping in to see you. I doubt we will get a chance to do any MTB work, but we can sure talk shit, drink and eat. Looking forward to it m8! :smt003
LOL Jon! Well what ever it is we get to do i'm sure we will be drunk with smiles! [smilie=drunk.gif] Just give me a heads up and i can plan some stuff around it.
Wicked Motorsports Inc.
10552 Stanford Ave.
Garden Grove, CA 92840
The United States

wicked motorsports
-----
-----

#19 Post by wicked motorsports » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:12 pm

Benno #03 wrote:Develope one of those ZBox motors with the nitrous bottles for up hills. A bloke here is getting 80kmh on a pushie, I really want a go on it.
Hahahaah Benno! on NOS? Hahaha.. there is a mob around here that ride them around here like a gang doing Wheelies. It cracks me up. But no NOS.
Wicked Motorsports Inc.
10552 Stanford Ave.
Garden Grove, CA 92840
The United States

wicked motorsports
-----
-----

#20 Post by wicked motorsports » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:19 pm

Mcqeen wrote:Hey....
Personal i would get rid of those pedals rigth away and put on some click pedals and related shoes, Then you have twice the musclepower available.....

:-) Just like a pro.......
Lol I get joked about the Vans all the time. I just bought me some skate shoe Vans with laces. Little more high top style. They Waffle Pattern seems to be the best gip i've tried. I'm just used to rding BMX from my younger days wih Vans. I always catch my self laying down a leg on some DH. or putting my foot down on some up hills I get stuck in ruts. So if i use a Clip in I'll gurantee... I'll be like a Turtle on my back hahaha. Like you said a Pro. I'm not just there yet lol.. But i do like the idea of Pulling and pushing on the pedals for up hills.
Wicked Motorsports Inc.
10552 Stanford Ave.
Garden Grove, CA 92840
The United States

wicked motorsports
-----
-----

#21 Post by wicked motorsports » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:24 pm

pez wrote:Nice ride! I've always struggled understanding pivoting bottom brackets, since the old Giant warp days. Carbon I assume? I'm jealous.

Pushies have come down so much, no excuse not to get out and hit the trails! My last DH race bike was around $9k retail (custom Rotec Moto-Link) that I got for a steal from a mate who was sponsored. I sold it to travel, etc and recently started getting back into riding. Went to the LBS and picked up a nice all-mountain Giant with Fox susp, X9, etc and it was $2k. Much better than the Rotec ever was, and it can be ridden up hill too.
Thanks PEZ! Yes she's a carbon fiber. Really is a nice bike. I just need to not beat it up as much. But that's what she's for. Funny how some High end bikes just don't fit well. But the cheaper ones seem to feel like a glove. I was looking at 5-6K bikes and told my self I must be High! so i started to do my homework and found this one for 3200.00 and scored a Deal for the holidays at a better price than that. I scored this Carbon from a Bike guy for 1850.00 to my door! I could not pas the deal! It's amazing how much more movement i have sense i started to Mtn Bike. Seem like a great cure for laziness lol!
Wicked Motorsports Inc.
10552 Stanford Ave.
Garden Grove, CA 92840
The United States

wicked motorsports
-----
-----

#22 Post by wicked motorsports » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:25 pm

mikee wrote:You should get them on retro bike mate

So you chopped up a Cannondale est to build the tandem

Bit like mine
Woa them be some forks!
Wicked Motorsports Inc.
10552 Stanford Ave.
Garden Grove, CA 92840
The United States

JonW

#23 Post by JonW » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:54 pm

wicked motorsports wrote:
JonW wrote:
wicked motorsports wrote: Hahaha it Wasn't scary when you ran out of fuel in traffic bettween the semi trucks on the 385? hahahaha! I tell that story to all my buddy's. "The day I lost the Austrilian to the California traffic" hahahaha.

Do hit me up Jon. I do miss shooting the shit with ya! I'll for sure be ready to tour you around Cali more your next time out. So come ready for some adventure on the trails and what ever else trouble i can find for you lol :smt003
Well yeah, the traffic was the scary bit, the bike was awesome... when it had a steady flow of fuel :smt003

I still think of you checking your mirrors and thinking 'er, where did he go?!'. Almost as much as I think about the gas station where no one spoke english and the only maps they had were north LA, WTF?! :smt017

Dont worry Roger, we have some plans in place for next year and they include dropping in to see you. I doubt we will get a chance to do any MTB work, but we can sure talk shit, drink and eat. Looking forward to it m8! :smt003
LOL Jon! Well what ever it is we get to do i'm sure we will be drunk with smiles! [smilie=drunk.gif] Just give me a heads up and i can plan some stuff around it.
Will do m8, we booked flights, just gotta work out what days we will be near you. Will email when we sort out the plans. Looking forward to it. :smt001
80 XT500 Supermoto!
81 RD350LC Resto
82 RD421LC Hybrid
82 RD350LC decapitation project
82 RD250LC JDM '251LC' YPVS
83 RZ350 Resto
84 RZ500 Resto
85 RZ350 F1 Resto
86 RZ350 F2 Resto
86 RZ350 F2 Hybrid

Like Watches? www.PloProf.com & www.DeskDivers.com

pez

#24 Post by pez » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:38 am

When its time for new shoes try the 510's - they are amazing, get as much drive as cleats but you can still dab a foot. It's a super grippy rubber, they used to make rock climbing shoes first.
'86 RZ250R w/350 Barrels - daily
'76 RD400C - running restoration