Would you spend 500 bucks on this?

Good with a camera? Post pics of your favorite 2-stroke here!

Moderator: rztom

bmp776

#16 Post by bmp776 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:37 am

bloody bargain! you would be paying a few grand for something like that over hear, its things like this that make me wish i lived in Canada, so many more machines around over there compared to our tiny ass population.

Hooligan

#17 Post by Hooligan » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:50 pm

I think the $500 you spent buying it is going to be the least of your worries. The cost of rebuilding that thing will greatly eclipse the cost of buying it.
'82 RD350LC in '81 colours, OEM pipes, UNI filters
'85 FZ750

This old RZ

#18 Post by This old RZ » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:03 pm

Thats a good deal :smt002

Like stated the exhaust pipes ,if there un dented,can fetch ALOT of money...especially for people in the UK where everything dies from rust..They pay crazy prices for these things,as a matter of fact here in the Los Angeles region there are guys who do nothing but buy up old 60s and 70s machines,they swarm craigslist etc.. and ship them by the hundreds a year back to Britan,a freind in Colorado knows a guy who has personallty shipped over 1000s bikes out of America in the past 3 years..all for PROFIT!

FACT: THERE IS NO 2 STROKE THAT SOUNDS BETTER THAN A TRIPPLE...NONE! That right there is all I'd need

If it were me...lol. Id probably sell off the exhaust pipes ,buy some Jim Lomas replacements,There fucking brilliant pipes, and match the era! A friend of mine has two bike with Jim's pipes. You can see and here examples of them them on various You Tube links. Sad but true there are those of us who buy a bike for the exhausts...lol. They look awesome.
You have all good options, cafe it out a lil and be really happy,or a resto.engine rebuilds are not cheap...but what is anymore,and you seem to know your way around a bike.
Im not a triple fan when there "stock" thats just me,but there worth FAR!FAR! more restored in original condition. A triple as you know in restored condition/rebuilt..will probably fetch you $10.000.00...There the only 2 stroke,outside of the80s/90s race replicas that command big money
. Even if I kept it original...the pipes would at least have to be kept in storage to protect them from damage.
Good find man!