GRRRR SO FN TYPICAL!!

Good with a camera? Post pics of your favorite 2-stroke here!

Moderator: rztom

marlow

GRRRR SO FN TYPICAL!!

#1 Post by marlow » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:08 pm

Wasn't sure where to post this as it could fit in a number of categories but just chose here.

So in my quest to EVENTUALLY have myself a 443 (at least) YPVS powered sports bike I've been on ebay every single day looking for either an RS250, RGV250 or TZR 3xv. The idea has been to make sure I've got a bike before the spring which I will use as standard then source a 350 lump and maybe sort it all thru next winter.

So it's been pretty quiet on ebay and anywhere else, Prila 250's rarely pop up and when they do they're priced stupidly like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aprilia-RS-25 ... 1e6a2eb714

A 1999 bike for £5k?? pfffft don't think so!

But then this cropped up and I have won the bid:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150730530699? ... 1439.l2649

Seems like a bargain tbh!

Only the very next day these appear!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suzuki-RGV-25 ... 4161629b64

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1992-Yamaha-T ... 43ac8d0c76

Really annoying because I do prefer the 3vx over the Aprilia and I also want to eventually have my bike in Lucky Strike colours! That said, the RGV is way overly priced so I couldn't afford that anyway.

I'm really tempted to dump the Prilla for the 3xv now which at £3k I think is crackign considering it's at a dealer's and plus I probably wouldn't touch the paint as I like that colour scheme whereas on the Prilla I'm wanting an aftermarket fairing cos I hate the look of the 2008 bike even tho it's actually registered in '97 (which is rather odd!).

But then there's the question of which bike the YPVS will transplant into easiest anwyay and I believe it's the Prilla. Decisions decisions :smt017

slinger
-----
-----

#2 Post by slinger » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:25 pm

Decisions, decisions lol

Having built both and riden both, it's the 3xv for me. :smt003

The engines fits into either really quite nicely, both need a cradle making. I found the RS feels longer to sit on as the 3xv feels like a race bike.

The RS is a nice bike and handles a treat but the 3xv IMO handles better, it's more nimble. RS is better under braking with a YPVS lump in it. It has a better weight distribution than a 3xv with a YPVS fitted.
But this is on the track, at certain tracks I would struggle to slow the 3xv down because the rear end kept on lifting so there was only so much front brake you could apply, on the road I really don't think this would be a problem.

IMO the 3xv just looks better. Packaging is tight in the 3xv but I build one tomorrow if I had a frame.

Glyn

marlow

#3 Post by marlow » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:45 pm

Yeh I also much prefer the look, style and shape of the 3xv. The downside though is whilst I ride the standard bikes this yr for fun, the Prilla is way more powerful than the restricted TZR lump I believe.

It's getting annoying at the moment. THe guy took 2 days to even respond about the won item, and is just so blase about it. Said he's not even home at the moment but will be all next week til friday. So I've been looking for someone to pick the bike up and deliver it. There's actually a similar ebay site for deliveries believe it or not! People bid to pick up your stuff but it's proving equally annoying getting these people to reply about dates, times etc.

I'm also unsure when to pay for it. I can't very well say I'll pay you when the bike is delivered lol. So I don't know whether it should be a case of over the phone once he's signed over the V5 doc and handed it to delievery guy or....which? It should be safe enough as you can get any amount of money back thru paypal anyways if anything shady went down or if the bike turned up a complete piece of crap or something....