The new to me LC.

Good with a camera? Post pics of your favorite 2-stroke here!

Moderator: rztom

FloridaSteve

The new to me LC.

#1 Post by FloridaSteve » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:38 am

Just traded an aircooled Daytona for this beauty. 8800 km on the clock. I'm not the kind of guy who leaves bikes unmolested but this thin is so nice that I think I'll leave it the way it is for at least a week or so. Hope you guys are cool about bikes without power valves? I'm on an RZ hunt too but I need to sell my H1 triple first.

JonW

#2 Post by JonW » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:40 am

Love the LC, I have one too.... mine is, er... in,... er... bits! LOL

Got any pics of your old bikes? feel free to share, we like all sorts on here :)
80 XT500 Supermoto!
81 RD350LC Resto
82 RD421LC Hybrid
82 RD350LC decapitation project
82 RD250LC JDM '251LC' YPVS
83 RZ350 Resto
84 RZ500 Resto
85 RZ350 F1 Resto
86 RZ350 F2 Resto
86 RZ350 F2 Hybrid

Like Watches? www.PloProf.com & www.DeskDivers.com

2smoke

lc

#3 Post by 2smoke » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:38 pm

Welcome FloridaSteve! I am a big fan of your 2stroke blog and i have looked at pictures of your Daytona 100 times at least. Great choice on the new ride. Have fun!
:smt003 :smt038
Colin
79 RD400F Daytona Special
81 RD350LC
89 TDR250
75 Kawasaki H1 500
77 Can-am Tnt250

Headcoats

#4 Post by Headcoats » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:19 pm

The early LC's were always the best looking ones :smt004

I am biased :smt019
Cryin' In The Beer Of A Drunk Man

iron

#5 Post by iron » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:03 pm

What H1 are you wanting to get rid of? Info please.
Iron on the Bayou.
84 RZ-350
Bore 64.5MM, Wiseco. Ported by Wicked (Recreational). Wicked's Billet Head, Zeel Iggy, V-Force 3 Reeds, Y-Boot K&N Filter, Stock Carbs. Spec 2 Pipes (F-1's). R6 Cooling Fan.

SCREAMER

#6 Post by SCREAMER » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:11 pm

Welcome aboard Steve ,im from the south eastern area in Fl.
thats a real clean ride you picked up,did you trade the silver air cooler for it?
hopefully you will get a stocker RZ real soon as i un biased opinion between the two by you would be a great read for sure.
then when you step up to racing chambers another great thread will be worth a read for sure.
enjoy your cool riding season as i do about this time of year :smt004
HOWS it going IRON ?
Is the cajun shrimp & crawdads good to eat or have you gone back to steaks like ive done ever since the disaster in the gulf?
I sure would like to get back to the sea food .
i hope U2 are kicking it & ripping it each & every weekend :smt002
original owner of the roberts replica

iron

#7 Post by iron » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:55 pm

Doing good Screamer, how about yourself?

Seafood is good ready to go.

Went ride today. Bike runs really good but I still have that stumble before it comes on the pipe. The weather makes a difference as at times it is hardly noticed. Don't know how to rid it of the problem. Stay on the pipe and no problem.

In the past I never would have thought that I would love to ride a little 350 like I do. It is my favorite one to ride now. Iron.
Iron on the Bayou.
84 RZ-350
Bore 64.5MM, Wiseco. Ported by Wicked (Recreational). Wicked's Billet Head, Zeel Iggy, V-Force 3 Reeds, Y-Boot K&N Filter, Stock Carbs. Spec 2 Pipes (F-1's). R6 Cooling Fan.

SCREAMER

#8 Post by SCREAMER » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:32 am

Everyone falls in love with the light & fast RZ 350 ,its just a shame you didnt buy one while in high school,they were chick magnets in the king kenny livery.
i knew you lead sled tripple guys would love these pocket rockets even more so.
bolt on some flatslides & do a little head work & the mid range stumbling youll zip right through.
again like i told you with chambers,hollar @ GARY ,have a happy holiday season.
thanks for the sea food update as my see food diet hasn,t been the same for way to long as like you being a large human if i see it i eat it & sea food is way healthier than the omaha steaks .
Ive got to shed 50 lbs. & turkey day till new years day we bulk up,LOL
original owner of the roberts replica

Evans Ward
-----
-----

#9 Post by Evans Ward » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:59 am

screamer,

Add another Triple to RZ convert, here :smt002 When these things are running good, they are a total delight! I agree totally with Brother Iron/ Mark on his sentiments. I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for the Kaw H2 Triple though and don't intend to sell mine. Just a different beast.... It's 2S so it's all good! :smt002

Steve- I know you will enjoy that LC. Do you have plans for it as to any changes? I admired it in May and talked with Dave about it then. BTW- love your 2 stroke biker blog site! It's a must read each day. :smt004

Hope everyone has a Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving! :smt001
84 RZ350-Toomeys,SCR milled head, stk 26 carbs,300 M, 35 P, stock regrooved needles AS 2.5 turns out,stk air box,Banshee reeds Zeel non-progr CDI,TSRL Program YPVS,alum rad,R6 shock,GV emulators w/RT springs,fork brace,Shindy steering damper.

kpke
-----
-----

#10 Post by kpke » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:19 pm

+1 on the 2 stroke biker blog!!!

Nice LC!!!

FloridaSteve

#11 Post by FloridaSteve » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:02 am

Wow! Sorry for posting and disappearing on ya after my initial post. Got distracted with the holidays. Thank to everyone for all the comments. Much appreciated!

At this point I don't know if I'll be doing anything radical to the LC (or as radical as other bikes I've owned). I've got some spec II chambers with it but I need spigots. No big deal. It's nice stock but lord does it feel "corked up" like this. I think it'll be pipes and 28mm flats. 26mm stock carbs are great for torque I suppose but man they're small.

The bike I traded is going to a great owner who will likely give it the resurrection it sorely deserves. I've been neglecting it lately and it deserved better. I know Dave will do right by it.

Here it is in better days during the last phases of it's build:

I'm happy with the trade but it's still weird not seeing it in the garage...

I am however working on my next project which will "hopefully" be done by May for Deals Gap.... If I can just make up my mind on all the freaking mods lol.. My latest incarnation is to mono it but I'm not sure what that will do for the pipe routing I have planned.

Here's where I am with that one:

I was considering putting my H1 engine out of my 74 in it but I'm kinda sorta trying to sell it as-is OR trade it for an RZ. Project or otherwise. I can give a little cash or get a little depending on the bike. "If" I sell it outright the money will go right into the project H1/H2/FZR above.

Here's how the H1 sits currently warts and all:

Here is the description I gave of it in the for sale add I [put on a couple of boards:

The good.
Fairly decent Denco's (no major dents), Fresh Damon Kirkland Crank. 1500 miles on a fresh top end with Wiesco's (2nd over I think.. but it's been a while and I'll have to check to be sure). Stock porting. Stock carbs. 18" front wheel (stock is 19) with good BT45's front and back. The popular late model Kawi front brake caliper upgrade (fresh pads and stops on a dime). The gauges all work. No tabs have been cut. It's all there. Frame was powder coated gloss black. Not perfect but It cleans up a LOT better than it looks in these pics as do the forks and cases and wheels. I also have a stock brake rotor. Bike runs great and is mechanically well sorted.

The bad.
Numbers do not match. Cosmetics.... It's a chipped up rattlecan paintjob. I'm posting pics from today in full daylight warts and all. Not pulling the wool over any of it. I don't treat it like a beauty queen. I ride it and park it and I hose it down once in a while but I haven't put many miles on it in a long while. Too much other stuff going on right now. The shocks are from a KZ650 and work surprisingly well.
This bike would clean up very nicely and make a fantastic rider. It handles great with the 18 front wheel and generally runs great.

Drop me a PM if you want to talk or give me a call. My cell is 904-504-1812 ask for Steve.

I'm not hard core on this and not really desperate to sell. I'm just leaning towards other things. I've got another build going and kinda need to shake it up a little. Just putting it out there to see if anyone might be interested in horsetrading. I'm located in Jacksonville Florida. Can be flexible about delivery and/or holding on to it for a while .. I can drive a day or so to meet up and swap or... whatever. A lot of the regulars on here probably know me and have done business with me over the years. If you're interested let's talk.

The latest is that I'm considering doing a lot of cosmetic work and e-baying it for whatever I can get OR putting that power train in my project bike for the time being till I get my H2 engine built. I don't know yet... Depends on my free time I suppose. I just have too much going on and on top of it all it's the holidays.

Phew... when I put it all down like that it seems like a LOT! LOL...