New guy -

Good with a camera? Post pics of your favorite 2-stroke here!

Moderator: rztom

Yamaha85

Fla

#16 Post by Yamaha85 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:28 pm

Orlando huh....

There seems to be a lot of RZ's in Florida.

:smt017

smurph

#17 Post by smurph » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:35 pm

Yamaha85's bike is a really nice motorcycle. The kick stand was really the only issue with it. Only about 7K on it! Fresh top end and new DG pipes, which really sound good, BTW. It really made me want to get finished with my YB restoration that's been sitting in my basement for years now.

The stand welded up really nice and as long as the kick stand doesn't slam against the ground, it should be good to go for years. The side stand switch was missing and it looked like a previous owner took off with the stand down and tried to turn left.

I used to ride the gap a lot back in the late 80s and early 90s on my FZ600. But these days, you HAVE to go during the week. Your chances of dying are a little less. Not much, but still better than your chances on the weekends. The motor homes and SUVs drive in the center of the road and if you meet one... I've seen those idiots squalling the tires all across the road because they were simply going too fast for the corner. Yikes!!!

Still, there may be safety in numbers. Especially if we can cloud up the place with blue smoke. :)

Steve
Fuel Injected RZ350

Sporttourfjr

#18 Post by Sporttourfjr » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:08 pm

Yep,bought in Orlando... away from the salt air now here in Georgia. Agreed about the Gap, total squid-ville on weekends, the cops there are ticketing for anything... I like it most for the bikes you see, the roads getting there are the most fun for me. Last time I rode it I was on my FJR1300, it was like trying to ride a weiner dog through an agility course. Ha ha.. the RZ should be fun for a run through if only to qualify for a pair of dragon stickers..
1984 RZ350 RWB
Toomey Kit
Tapered Steering Brgs.
Tarozzi fork brace
Progressive fork springs
upgraded clutch
stainless braided hydraulic lines
Dynojet Kit
420 mains
stock idle jets
needle on second groove from the top
air scews out 2 turns

Yamaha85

#19 Post by Yamaha85 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:37 pm

smurph wrote: It really made me want to get finished with my YB restoration that's been sitting in my basement for years now.

Steve
You know I could see that written all over your face while I was revvin' it.

:smt002