Smurph's Ride

Good with a camera? Post pics of your favorite 2-stroke here!

Moderator: rztom

smurph

Smurph's Ride

#1 Post by smurph » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:23 am

Although I don't have any newer pictures...

And now for something completely different! :)

Steve
Fuel Injected RZ350

Hartman

#2 Post by Hartman » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:14 pm

Where did you find that dual headlight fairing? It looks fantastic. I always liked the late 80's FZR's How much and did it come with all the needed parts for the conversion?
Going too fast is not the hard part, Stopping in time is!

peterz84
-----
-----

#3 Post by peterz84 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:51 pm

Smurph, I gotta ask at the risk of sounding stoopid :D What kind of seat cowling do you have on there? Doesn't look like the Yamaha production unit. Great looking bikes by the way.

Thanks
Peter

smurph

#4 Post by smurph » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:43 pm

Hartman,

That is my attempt to get the look of the last RZ350s made. They were Brazilian made.

The dual headlight upper, all of the headlight parts, fairing stay, and mirrors are from a 86-88 FZ600. I modified the upper to fit the SpecII mids and belly.

The upper fairing came from Air-Tech and the headlight parts and fairing stay came from eBay. The mirrors were still available from YAMAHA. I can't remember what it all cost at the moment. But I do remember that the upper fairing was the most expensive piece of the puzzle. Next was the mirrors.

It was not a bolt on ordeal, to say the least. Welding and fiberglass work...

If you have a contact in Brazil, you might be able to get some bolt on YAMAHA parts to do the job. Carry @ RZs Unlimited told me he could get them one time. But I rolled my own instead.

Peter,

That is a Pickler (made in Germany) solo seat. Very few of them made. I just so happened to find it in a salvage yard before I knew what it was. It was painted with crap red and white paint and was ugly. I almost threw it back in the pile of parts! But I paid the guy $5.00 for it on the hopes I could clean it up and use it. Then I learned that I had stumbled upon a part that the previous owner of my bike had been trying to find for years!!! It would make him sick if he saw it. Good thing he moved away. :)

Steve
Fuel Injected RZ350

peterz84
-----
-----

#5 Post by peterz84 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:28 am

Steve, kind of a coincidence, did I spell that right? I picked this one up by chance. It was on the bike I just bought a while ago. Never heard of it, but it is a Wulf tail section out of Germany, never seen any others out there. You?

Thanks
Peter

smurph

#6 Post by smurph » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:38 am

Peter, nope. I haven't seen that one before. Quite a nice looking seat too. It looks a little more comfortable than the Pickler as well. You could ride quite a ways on that one, but I only put the Pickler on when I want to go thrash.

Steve
Fuel Injected RZ350

Yellow and Black RZ

#7 Post by Yellow and Black RZ » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:04 pm

Awesome bike. Always inspirational for any RZ owner and/or wannabe.
Hate to be a nag, but I hope you finish up the stripes someday. :)
'85 RRZ350 - Hacked.

smurph

#8 Post by smurph » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:49 pm

Yeah, Charlie, I need to finish the white stripes for sure. Maybe I can get it done now that I have two bikes running. But I just could not bring myself to paint the stripes on the 350 at the time because I was tired of painting and I wanted to ride!!!

Steve
Fuel Injected RZ350