WICKED MOTORSPORTS NEW BILLET RZ/RD CNC PV COUPLER!

General forum on engines, transmissions, gearing and modifications to each

Moderator: rztom

wicked motorsports
-----
-----

WICKED MOTORSPORTS NEW BILLET RZ/RD CNC PV COUPLER!

#1 Post by wicked motorsports » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:31 pm

Tired of your RZ power valves coming out of sync....? We are making a new replacement Billet power valve coupler to replace the cast/plastic one. This will clean up that slack and miss alignment! We also under sized it a tad so it puts plenty of clamping force around the power valve. Especially the worn out ones! Made of All billet 6061 and CnC Our coupler will with stand the heat as you see the OEM Yamaha always get distorted and wobble out eventually ware out your power valves! Jump on these and feel the horse power difference when everything is in sync and tune!

Personaly I seen this issue too many times so i got tired of this and made this fix. Or maybe am i the only one that has this problem? I've had motor run out of tune and start acting funky and thisis what I keep seeing. Especially For guys that have super stiff power valves from years of carbon build up. What you guys think?? :smt003

Some before shots and after. Comes Complete with a 3mm stainless button head allen bolt

Wicked Motorsports Inc.
10552 Stanford Ave.
Garden Grove, CA 92840
The United States
http://www.wickedatv.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1-714-530-2215 fax 1-714-530-2217
E-mail: roger@wickedatv.com

JonW

Re: WICKED MOTORSPORTS NEW BILLET RZ/RD CNC PV COUPLER!

#2 Post by JonW » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:04 pm

Cool work, like you I struggle with a decent one of these Roger. I found the OEM and the repro ones are not always right and the addition of socket headed bolts helps, Ive done that mod before.

Defo put me down for one, probably ought to ask the price but know it will be fair :)
80 XT500 Supermoto!
81 RD350LC Resto
82 RD421LC Hybrid
82 RD350LC decapitation project
82 RD250LC JDM '251LC' YPVS
83 RZ350 Resto
84 RZ500 Resto
85 RZ350 F1 Resto
86 RZ350 F2 Resto
86 RZ350 F2 Hybrid

Like Watches? www.PloProf.com & www.DeskDivers.com

seahorse
-----
-----

#3 Post by seahorse » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:26 pm

Same same Roger, please put me down for one, love your work, now your next big challenge is to produce some reasonably priced billet PV's. Keep up the awesome work, and thankyou all again for a fantastic forum.
81 RD 250 LC Hybrid .Widened frame with Aprilia RS250 Back end & Front end, strokd RZ 421, Kennys TSA's, 31KVM26SS Carbs M-360 P-25 ALBA Ndl Pos 3, Air 1.3/4
81Rd350lc resto 2016
81 Rd250lc resto 2017
1999 ZRX 1100

pushstartrearset
-----
-----

#4 Post by pushstartrearset » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:33 pm

So when is the website coming back? :)
1984 RZ350L (U.S.) Old Toomeys, oil injected!, Y-boot K&N. loctite throttle cable holder on left carb!! , 410 mains, Dynojet needles 2.0 clip, #20 pilot @ 1.5 turn a.s., 240/512 p.v.

Ricino

#5 Post by Ricino » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:46 pm

This item is now on my wish list, waiting also for the web page to be ready back and will order some more stuff for my project !
Yamaha SZR 660 '96(4SU) ---> in the process to YPVS hybrid!

steveloomis
-----
-----

#6 Post by steveloomis » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:34 pm

Much more inclined to buy if you can see it. Website down is costing you money, Roger.... I am sure it will cost money to put it back up as well.....
'81 RD350LC hybrid w/84 RZ engine. Zeel, Old style Toomeys, Yboot and filter 420 main 22.5 pilot, Air screw 2.5 turns out, DJ needle 2nd from top, Canadian VM26 carbs.
'85 KR/RZ US. Tank is seeping causing a blister in paint.....

graham heise

#7 Post by graham heise » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:03 am

G'day race fans. Out of sync power valves must be a close second to out of sync cabs. I've filed my original for tighter fit. Any concerns with coupler not having any rubber in the joint? I'm thinking vibration between the two cylinders could lead to faster deteriation of power valve seals and o rings. ome coupler uses rubber in joint for what reason??? Thoughts?
yamaha fanatic.

strutha

#8 Post by strutha » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:52 am

Maybe partly for vibrations , maybe to reduce binding if the valve ends are not perfectly aligned, the binding may only accur when the motor is hot ?

Edited for spelling
Last edited by strutha on Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Let The Good Times Roll "

1985 rz350 .+4 stroke - banshee cylinder & head. wicked stroker pipes
std banshee carbs on VF4 reeds - 35 pilot , alba needle , 2.0 air jet , 410 mains with short foam ramair filters.

aaronmvrider
-----
-----

#9 Post by aaronmvrider » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:10 am

vibrations... for sure.... rubber is a must have.... thats what she said....

agreed out of sync valves is out of sync port timings....fractionally if anything but a worn coupler will put it out quite a bit i expect.... so it will be a big improvement on running correctly.... imagine 2 different cylinder port jobs on 1 bike
1 x 4mm stroker rz 375cc 1983
1 x 7mm stroker rz 443cc 1984 (under construction)
1 x rz 500
1 x mv agusta 1000

L.B

#10 Post by L.B » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:37 am

Would've liked to see someone delevop something like Glyn made up awhile ago.A pulley & set of cables for each pv.
Cant find it but still looking.

tobster

#11 Post by tobster » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:17 am

agree with you LB. That slinger set up looked nice. Not sure how he attached the pulley the right hand powervalve...

silverstrom

#12 Post by silverstrom » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:38 pm

L.B wrote:Would've liked to see someone delevop something like Glyn made up awhile ago.A pulley & set of cables for each pv.
Cant find it but still looking.
Just discussed this recently. Page 6 and 7 here Jase. http://www.rzrd500.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 8&start=75" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You'll have to scroll through both pages to find excellent pics complements of alexanderdraper. I'm just gathering up the parts to send to Glyn.

wicked motorsports
-----
-----

#13 Post by wicked motorsports » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:32 am

Awesome!!! Thanks everyone for the Interest!
Well to most guys wondering about the plastic in the middle. Here goes my thought on that. I did think of it for a while what if....? Well this was my conclusion. What good is it if the Plastic in the middle wares out quick? The picture you see is actually off the 7mm I build for SlowGM. He maybe had 300 Miles on a Brand new Yamaha Couplers I installed and brought it back to me wondering why it ran like crap after just 300miles. That coupler was what i found to be the reason and issue. So either way the PV's will come out of adjustment within couple of 100 miles or less with the plastic centers from ware. MY 385 is a stubborn Mule and it also has a worn out Coupler too as well PV's out of sync now. Just been lazy to fix it till now. The stock PV's aren't like they have a light coat of rubber that will form it's self and stay in place. It's a hard plastic that seems to start to give when it gets really hot as well the twisting don't help. "Most" PV's by now I have seen have plenty of damage and ware from them Coming lose at the clamp or the Allen bolts backing out of the keepers or other. So adding that under size to stock PV's most have will have more slack and ware. So to me the easiest Home fix and solution was making this powe valve Coupler. I could have built something crazy when i was speaking to MB about this but it was just one of these things that I didn't need to re invent the wheel on a coupler. Figured make it easy that anyone could swap these out on a assembled bike or engine and not take the whole thing apart to install this simple clamp or tune. So I kept it basic and easy.

Now for those Wondering about the vibration...? I'll be honest. If these motors are shaking like a paint can in the mixer at Home Depot then trust me you will have a lot of lose head bolts or cylinder bolts coming lose. Between both PV's actually rattling around like people think they do... they just don't. when I designed our Banshee Billet head by making it one pc and now the RZ out of a solid 1 pc of billet that was one theory i had. I wanted to help the harmonics as well more another idea i added was our Billet intake. Adding these ideas was to make the Cylinders more a dense of a area and not so much of a harmonic area that would show signs of wear on mating surfaces with o-rings. to help keep the mating surfaces happier from wearing around the O-rings. Which I'm sure most guys have come across that which use after market heads you will notice that wear at times around the dome area. on other heads the domes do not sit in the head snug. The dome may or will float as well. Also another reason why i made are dome mating area with a larger surface to prevent that etching on the cylinders.

Back to the coupler thou. They have 1)- O-ring already in the gold Coupler and 2- the Seal also helps to dampen some of or if any harmonic from the engine between both cylinders. I can see a slight say harmonic but that's nothing that would cause these valves to ware and fall apart. They are rotating and need to be left to spin freely anyways... Which if any case you're worried about the ware to your PV's happening you're better off just locking them in place then. The twisting and constant rotation between that clamp being flimsy and cheap will eventually if not already ware out or bind the PV's. If you have not noticed yet the ware is a lot quicker on cast/plastic than a Rigid Billet PV coupler would do that won't allow it to move off sync. Most times some of these sticky PV's get pretty stiff and some don't see it or know it. Which yes best would be to take them apart and service them and the cables. But in the carbon area it sits at and dirt and grime and oil that comes thru there it near impossible to keep the PVs always happy. So the Best idea here is at least to maintain Both valves in sync moving together with the Billet Coupler to maintain pre mature ware. Another idea that cross my mind for those die hard that might not believe what I said is. Just add a small thin rubber band around the PV ends and then our Billet coupler. I seen some real nice ones that almost look like a pc. of inner tube that are black for gadgets and things. That could possibly help and prevent this pre mature ware guys might think can happen. Was a thought before I finished typing this. Either way... you have to have a tight coupler that won't float or give when the PV's are rotating.

For those interested Let me know. you can drop me a Direct E-mail at bak268msc@aol.com We can Pay pal a invoice for international Customers or If you're in the United States we're a simple phone call away guy's 714-530-2215. :smt040

Again thanks everyone for your input sometimes I feed off your Data and replies to help me see what the customer needs not what I think the customers wants.

For Dealers interested like always give me Call and we can set you up as well :smt023
Last edited by wicked motorsports on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wicked Motorsports Inc.
10552 Stanford Ave.
Garden Grove, CA 92840
The United States

rzcolinpaul

#14 Post by rzcolinpaul » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:03 am

Hi Roger,
I would like a coupler and a set of your mild steel pipes with silensers, I saw them somewhere here on this site. This is for my race bike that is in the works right now. Looking for the mid range and up with lots of top end. This bike will be ported lightly this year {intake and exhauset} I will match the cases myself, V-force reeds, Mukini 34mm, Pod K/N filters, +4 welded crank, jugs I think 64mm, O-ring head. If I can save enough zeeltronic. Send me a link with the total price Canadian, so I can pay you using paypal. Thank you Colin
colinpaul@rogers.com :smt041
RZ500 stock
RZ-6-500 lots of performance goodies
Kawasaki 85 monkey bike

The Significant problems we have cannot be solved at the same level of thinking
with which we created them. {Albert Einstein}
colinpaul@rogers.com
H-{905} 239-7714

wicked motorsports
-----
-----

#15 Post by wicked motorsports » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:00 pm

You got it rzcolinpaul! I beleive i also have a e-mail in my inbox requesting this. I'll catch up here in a bit and drop you a reply back. Will +1 you also for a coupler with the rest of the guy's requesting them.

I made only 2- to 1st test fit. I have some spare materail i'm going to start to cut for this and get a prodoction run going.

Thanks guys'! :smt040
Wicked Motorsports Inc.
10552 Stanford Ave.
Garden Grove, CA 92840
The United States