batt pac

General forum on troubleshooting electrical problems and modifications to electrical systems

Moderator: rztom

jean-patrick lague

batt pac

#1 Post by jean-patrick lague » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:11 pm

With a battery eliminator on a stock rz500

What will happen whit the

smurph
- - - - -
- - - - -

#2 Post by smurph » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:06 pm

You will not have the YPVS cycle. Once RPM is detected, the cycle will not start, ever. But it makes no difference for starting the bike unless you cut the key off above the RPM where the power valves. :grin: They are closed at idle and that is where they need to be to start it.

Steve
Fuel Injected RZ350

jean-patrick lague

#3 Post by jean-patrick lague » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:32 am

Thanks for the info Steve, it all make sences.

So, no good or bad comments about the divice ?

I guess I could try!
If it does the job, whitout affecting anything.
I wont have to buy a batterie and the bike
will loose some weight.

I will let you know

thanks
jp

Weswas

No Battery.. No Problem

#4 Post by Weswas » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:55 pm

So a little "error" and some "trial" later I was able to play lab-rat for this one. When purchasing an RZ a while back- the original owner sold the bike with a battery in place- uncharged. The condition of the bike was "not scottish" (or "crap") but the electrical components worked fine and the although the YPVS doesn't cycle- at start Smurph's on the money- the valves are in the same position at idle/start.
..."so why not remove the battery?" so i did, and found that you can ground the negative wire, cap the positive, and voila- "no battery required"
I run the stock lights, and they aren't exactly "piercing the darkness like a laser beam" ...but all lights, and indicators work- albeit with a slight "dip" when you grab the brake lever. I noticed this effect previously, when an undercharged battery was in-place- but the effect is much less pronounced, WITHOUT the battery (as opposed to a "low" one)
I'm also convinced that it can't be that simple...but I haven't noticed any changes to the way the bike runs, and apart from one blown fuse- it was a helluva lot cheaper than a gel-pack.
motorcycles are in my blood...but my body needs new tires.