My First AHRMA Win At Blackhawk Farms Raceway

For those who love to "take it to the track!"

Moderator: rztom

rz500guytexas

My First AHRMA Win At Blackhawk Farms Raceway

#1 Post by rz500guytexas » Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:07 am

Was a fun weekend on a rather sketchy track. Took a 3rd on Saturday with a mistake and a 125 got by me. I adjusted the brake lever to far in and caught a finger between the throttle and brake lever. Blew the corner or would of been a 2nd. Sunday race one of my buddies was coming for me. I had 3 seconds on him in practice. He installed new brake rotors, new tires, and a new clutch pack. I saw all that and said no way, keep my head down and go. My first win with AHRMA. The 3 bikes that came by were in a faster second wave, a fast SV650, beautiful old school GSXR750, and a Ducati 999. Last race will be the annual Vintage Festival at Barber Motorsports Park. Riding at Nate Kerns Double R Festival on the following Monday. Will take the 500 along for the track day. Can not wait to ride in the M cars around Barber at lunch time. Will get some pictures up from the weekend later.

Here is the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfRZOy8he_4

lost1750GTV
- - - - -
- - - - -

Re: My First AHRMA Win At Blackhawk Farms Raceway

#2 Post by lost1750GTV » Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:50 pm

Hey, congrats!

Smoker
- - - - -
- - - - -

Re: My First AHRMA Win At Blackhawk Farms Raceway

#3 Post by Smoker » Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:10 pm

Awesome to hear about the win! And a 3rd place. Very impressive.👍

Thanks, as always, for sharing your adventures on the track. Great example and motivation for retired old-timers like me.