Hose Tail Brass Fitting for Check Valve Replacement

General forum on engines, transmissions, gearing and modifications to each

Moderator: rztom

V4 Stroker

Hose Tail Brass Fitting for Check Valve Replacement

#1 Post by V4 Stroker » Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:20 am

Been told these fit the pump so you can remove the OEM check valves and then fit some replacement check valves further down the oil lines

https://www.advancedfluidsolutions.co.u ... KmS9mGOVl4

Mike Cichetti
- - - - -
- - - - -

Re: Hose Tail Brass Fitting for Check Valve Replacement

#2 Post by Mike Cichetti » Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:01 am

You can leave the original valves in place and just add the new ones in the tubing.

rd84
- - - - -
- - - - -

#3 Post by rd84 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:23 pm

Hi Mike,

This needs care though - I've had the OEm valves seize in both the open and closed positions.

Cheers
Paul

rz500guytexas

#4 Post by rz500guytexas » Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:22 am

I have been using inline valves since putting bike together and nothing but track time. The OEM ones are still installed but if those adapters will work why not remove the stock valves? I would have taken mine out if i could have located those and they fit. My issue with the stock check valves is cracking. I have had two or three crack in the brass outer body and they leak. I never could figure where the staining was coming from until I pulled them and you could see the cracks with a magnifying glass. If you are in there now it would be something you will not have to fix in the future. Be careful you do not over tighten the fittings.

rd84
- - - - -
- - - - -

#5 Post by rd84 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:52 pm

rz500guytexas wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:22 am I have been using inline valves since putting bike together and nothing but track time. The OEM ones are still installed but if those adapters will work why not remove the stock valves? I would have taken mine out if i could have located those and they fit. My issue with the stock check valves is cracking. I have had two or three crack in the brass outer body and they leak. I never could figure where the staining was coming from until I pulled them and you could see the cracks with a magnifying glass. If you are in there now it would be something you will not have to fix in the future. Be careful you do not over tighten the fittings.
I've found the OEM valves to be very fragile as well - particulalry when removing and re-installing - I think new in-line valves and the brass adaptors are now the best solution.

Cheers
Paul

Mike Cichetti
- - - - -
- - - - -

#6 Post by Mike Cichetti » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:23 am

I’ve seen a few crack as well. I think removing the old ones is an excellent idea. It also eliminates any chance of the old one sticking closed. As always great ideas from club members.

rd84
- - - - -
- - - - -

#7 Post by rd84 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:12 pm

Mike Cichetti wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:23 am I’ve seen a few crack as well. I think removing the old ones is an excellent idea. It also eliminates any chance of the old one sticking closed. As always great ideas from club members.
Quite scary that they can crack - I’m sure totally new Yamaha valves and the new connectors is the best and safest solution.

Cheers
Paul

lost1750GTV
- - - - -
- - - - -

#8 Post by lost1750GTV » Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:11 am

There was a post on here with the plastic and steel in line valves - I opted for the steel as figured they would be less prone to stuff like that.
Haven't installed them yet though - diameter of the barbs looks kinda big and so my concern has been cracking the hoses in the process.need warm weather and the hair dryer i think.

rz500guytexas

#9 Post by rz500guytexas » Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:04 am

I used the plastic ones. Just do one at a time so you do not cross them. I do not think it will make a difference but each line is dedicated to a specific cylinder. Yamaha must of had a reason for it. When I put new lines on I double checked they were correct. There is a picture somewhere on this forum with diagram. Let us know how the barbed fitting worked. Did you use the spring type original clamps or small zip ties to secure the lines?

rd84
- - - - -
- - - - -

#10 Post by rd84 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:26 pm

I’ll let you know how I get on with the new bits - previously I’ve used the spring clips - I’ve got the diagram you mention thanks