Front fairing stay

General forum on fairings, seats, tanks, tail sections, painting and other bodywork modifications

Moderator: rztom

Workz

Front fairing stay

#1 Post by Workz » Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:35 am

Does anybody have , or know of, a front fairing stay 1GE2835600 , that I can purchase. I have an 85 RZ500 ,Canadian machine , that the previous owner must have laid down . The front fairing stay is bent on the right side by the gauge cluster and straitening it so the fairing and body work line up has been brutal. Does anyone have a new one for sale, or at least a strait one............Thx

rz500guytexas

Re: Front fairing stay

#2 Post by rz500guytexas » Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:02 am

Most will be bent some way or another if they are off a bike. Good luck. Get a heat gun and try to adjust it. Pain in the but butt chances are whatever you get will not be straight

mgtj59

Re: Front fairing stay

#3 Post by mgtj59 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:19 am

I sawed the pipes partly open to adjust the fixing points to the correct positions. Especially the adjustment of curved pipes are difficult. Finally I welded the pipes/ gaps. I have measured the correct positions of my fairing stay (see attachment). Maybe it will help to fix your damaged fairing stay.

Sorry, Board attachment quota is reached. The measurements: upper bracket from upper frame fixing screw and axis between frame fixing srews = 12 mm up and 173 to front (vertical bracket)
lower bracket from lower frame fixing screw = 80 mm down on axis and 103 mm to front (horizontal bracket)
If necessary, I can send the drawing by E-Mail.