zeeltronic pdci 11v

General forum on troubleshooting electrical problems and modifications to electrical systems

Moderator: rztom

tritonpat

zeeltronic pdci 11v

#1 Post by tritonpat » Fri May 20, 2022 4:17 pm

Can anyone help just setting up my new bike, i am running two zeeltronic pdci 11vs as it has a 90 degree firing order ( one for each crank ) trying to work out how to change the powervalve maps on the bike, can only seem to do it with the hand held programmer, not by a earth switch, am i doing some thing wrong ? It holds 5 maps and would also like to know which map i am using whilst riding the bike, is there a way of doing this, any help would be appreciated, I have fitted 350 ypvs heads and barrels to this engine, so will go well when finished, I have done this conversion before and it really works, but not with a 90 degree firing order. i have had it running and sounds very different to my other one.

MK

Re: zeeltronic pdci 11v

#2 Post by MK » Sun May 22, 2022 8:59 am

Well you already gave yourself the answer.
A handheld would help.
Alternatively the programming cable which basically costs the same.

The PDCI11VT units have a switch for ignition and PV curves, but I can't tell what they switch between.
The manual is not 100% clear
https://zeeltronic.com/page/pdci-11vt.php

I assume the menu would let you save if that feature is active and to which of the 5 curves you can switch to, if the input is grounded.
The "from" curve is set by "load curve", i.e. you pick one of the 5 curves and by loading it becomes the "active" one - if you save that state (which some people forget to do...)

Concerning the PV programming, this manual contains some basic info on starting points
https://www.rd350lc.de/downloads/MK-Dok ... cation.pdf

And maybe an additional hint on requiring two boxes : Ignitech offers a DC CDI P4 which is a 4 channel DC CDI to drive 4 individual HT coils.
The triggering of each channel can be adjusted individually, but it's not exactly self explaining.
Bye
Martin

tritonpat

#3 Post by tritonpat » Sun May 22, 2022 6:01 pm

thanks for your quick response martin, i dont have a problem switching the powervalve maps with the handheld it goes through all of them then back to the first one, but when i try by the earth switch it jumps to the second then when i release the switch it goes back to the first, i suppose it doesn't really matter but would be nice to change them on the move, I i must say i really enjoy reading your articles on 2 strokes, its nice to compare my ideas with yours, i have done lots of 2 stroke tuning in my karting days but that was many moons ago. this is my 3rd rd500 based bike the first being a 500 but the other two being 654cc using 350 powervalve barrels and heads

MK

#4 Post by MK » Mon May 23, 2022 3:41 am

I vaguely remember that switching between only two curves is normal. Just couldn't remember which of them.

The switch is not a toggle button between curve 1 to N.
Keep in mind that the actuation must be unambiguous.
If you have a on/off switch, position 1 is assigned to one curve and position 2 to one of the others.
If it'd be a toggle, you'd have to remember how many times you pressed the button, which results in not knowing which curve you use after a few presses and ignition on/offs for an evening Pernod.

If you're unsure, just send a mail to Borut (the owner and mastermind of Zeeltronic).
From your info, I'd suspect it switches between curve 1 and 2.
Bye
Martin