First time bike would not run at track

Good with a camera? Post pics of your favorite 2-stroke here!

Moderator: rztom

rz500guytexas

First time bike would not run at track

#1 Post by rz500guytexas » Mon May 02, 2022 11:51 am

Took the bike out for Aprillia Day and get Biaggi's signature on tank. First session one lap and in and poor running. Hate to do it at track but decided to get it running correctly because I was not going to push my bike to get Max to sign it. Thank goodness my brother was there to help because getting up and down would of been even worse than it was. Already sore from riding. Skipped lunch and a session to repair. After rejetting and putting bike back together found lower right not getting fuel. Took carbs back off and found something red lodged in the float valve. Cleared and fueling now. Restart and both bottom pipes not firing. Found the blue coil wire had a break inside the insulation so new crimp and fired up but still running poorly. Got signature and rode the 250 rest of day. Back at shop, installed jets I had started with and set floats again. Top left cylinder the float valve was stuck open so adjusted floats by visual drain tube next to the carb body. Video after the bike was warmed. Looked at all the cylinders with LED camera and looked well except for the left cylinder that was washed clean from flooding out. Could still see cross hatch in the cylinders.

I not a fan of videoing my old self but it is what it is. It was raining outside and that was the reason for rain jacket and carb service. Wear a race boot to start the bike because my rear sets will tear a leg up. Bike was warm but not full temperature so did not rev it up much. Throttle response is really great. When fully hot there are zero flat spots.

Short running video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2l0iJcQA1w&t=5s