RZV 500 BARBER POST MOTO AMERICA

For those who love to "take it to the track!"

Moderator: rztom

rz500guytexas

RZV 500 BARBER POST MOTO AMERICA

#1 Post by rz500guytexas » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:31 pm

Another fun time at Barber. Posted pictures from event in members ride section. Let a Moto America rider take the 500 out. His dad has a Marlboro replica that is sitting. He and I had met in 2015 or so at Circuit Of The Americas when he was racing. I was doing a track day on the 500 and he came over and introduced himself. He ran 10 seconds a lap faster first time out on the bike. I wanted his opinion of the bike and only suggestion was a steering damper. Bit of head shake on one corner and under hard braking. I alway thought the braking shimmy were the rotors getting warped. He said it will improve the bike a lot. I noticed the improvement when I installed one on the TZ. My laps were slower due to the track day group not bumping me to a more advanced group. I still had fun, passed safe, and as always showing the liter boys that you do not need all that power and electronics to go quick.I accidentally kept turning camera of on the TZ when I went out but it performed well and I estimated close to 5 seconds faster than the 500.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsAnN5mEmbQ