I have a 1984 rz500 L Aussie model..

Got a customizing or restoration project? Post your progress pictures and updates here

Moderator: rztom

Myrz500aussie

I have a 1984 rz500 L Aussie model..

#1 Post by Myrz500aussie » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:53 am

Hi I'm Steve from Sydney Australia I have a rz500/84 model l/ I bought it in 1991 for $1800.
Rego broken fairings missing fairings just a price of crap my rz350 ported destroy the rz500, and I got a spare fuel tank,,, completely stock.. engine crank seal's blowing oil very bad, I stripe engine and start to reco engine keep the standard pistons and just fit new Yamaha std rings for the rz very light hone the bores, still with in the tolarenc, and I replaced the vpvs full seal's and blank ypvs stoppers, new bottom end gasket set, and put the std exhaust system in a hot Chem Barth for 4 days and keep washing and cleaning the exhaust system until it was oil free, then I finish the rebuild and fit in the bike then I fully service the 4 carbs and secrines the ypvs and the oil pump and the throttle cables,
And the I take it for its first ride free of the oil blowing horrible hard out the back 4 std exhaust system, and I can do MC wheelys very good..
So I find a quiet bit of street and I start to execrate first 40ks give the throttle cables big pull and 4k, nothing happens,so I go up to 50ks 5k big pull on the throttle cables nothing happens, this time I go to 60ks 6k on the rev and big pull on the throttle and f me dead this old girl just trying to throw me off on my back side and ever single time I open the throttle cables at 60ks no less at 6k on the tach she just makes me smile... so after I have my second kid I decided to take it off the road in 1996 and she has been living in its own bedroom the complete time and now I have decided to bring the old girl back to life... I have a brand new China fairings new coil spring and shock depener new frt Springs carby kit's led blinkers, new r disc, new Perele tyres,
New Battery, new seat cover, new side mirrors, and I just bought a brand new set of 4 Jim Lomas expansion chambers GP Style,4 black carbon fibre silences... They cost over $3000.00
Delivery to my door 🤣😁🤣
And I live in Sydney Australia
I am going to get club rego for $120 per year and you get 120 log book rides

Myrz500aussie

Re: I have a 1984 rz500 L Aussie model..

#2 Post by Myrz500aussie » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:13 am

After fitting the Jim Lomas expansion chambers systems do I have to change any carby Jets
Going to run the Yama lube oil pump system..
Can anyone give me some advice ok 😅😂😂