Yamaha parts on Ebay in Malesia... are original?

Got a customizing or restoration project? Post your progress pictures and updates here

Moderator: rztom

ditomagico

Yamaha parts on Ebay in Malesia... are original?

#1 Post by ditomagico » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:52 pm

Hi All

I saw a guy on ebay in Malesia selling RD500 / RZ500 OEM parts . Are they genuine or not ? Did anyone here buy from him? I doubt they are original because it seem there is a 30 days lead time to get them ... time to manufacture them?

Ditomagico

silverstrom
- - - - -
- - - - -

Re: Yamaha parts on Ebay in Malesia... are original?

#2 Post by silverstrom » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:12 am

There are multiple sellers in Malaysia that have 30 day lead times because they order from Yamaha and resell to you, which is a good indication that you can still get it from your local Yamaha dealer.

podman

#3 Post by podman » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:13 pm

....also consider he regulary claims many of these items are NOS...when they are not! I bought a new trim for me seat lock direct from Yamaha a few years back for £3 something but he had them on sale at £30!

ALWAYS check your Yamaha dealer as 90% of the time parts claimed as NOS on eBay are not and are way over inflated price wise.

silverstrom
- - - - -
- - - - -

#4 Post by silverstrom » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:55 pm

Most sellers claiming to have NOS parts are resellers buying directly from the dealer and jacking up the price. Many parts are still available new from the dealer if people bothered to check.

Not long ago I bought a new RG500 solo seat cowl set from my local Suzuki dealer. $300 Cdn. The same set on eBay was 3 times that price. Check first, or pay more.

JonW

#5 Post by JonW » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:39 am

Ive come to think the ebay sellers are just trying to get in the searches when people use the term 'NOS', its annoying tho. New is not NOS as we know.

Beware tho, just cos you could buy something a few years back for $3 doesnt make it a $3 part today. LC headlight buckets were $20 last year, now they are sold out at Yam and only the NOS suppliers have them... for $300 etc. Yam also messes with the prices as well and they rarely go down.

I have a mate with an LC who asks me what Ive bought recently and when i say something like 'Oh listen this, i got a NOS LC seatcover! Im stoked...!!!!' he says 'but ebay has loads of them for $20...'. I think he thinks aftermarket is the same as OEM and probably that NOS is Nitrous. Its takes all sorts... :smt017

Anyway, John is right. Always check the usual online parts books with a part number. If you dont you will likely overpay for parts. More work, but its your money...
www.2smoked.com

80 XT500 Supermoto!
81 RD350LC Resto
82 RD421LC Hybrid
82 RD250LC '251LC' YPVS
83 RZ350 Resto
84 RZ500 Resto
85 RZ350 F1 Resto
86 RZ350 F2 Resto
86 RZ350 F2 Hybrid

Like Watches? www.PloProf.com & www.DeskDivers.com