RZV 500 video first ride this year

For those who love to "take it to the track!"

Moderator: rztom

rz500guytexas

RZV 500 video first ride this year

#1 Post by rz500guytexas » Wed May 13, 2020 9:49 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02BgVuwH_-4

Hope we are going in correct direction with virus containment and economy but was lucky to get out. I can hardly move today due to muscle soreness. Only 3 of us riding so were able to keep distance. Bike did great and Kris my instructor helped knock 3 second of time and riding well within my normal comfort level. Rode at about 85% since on a private day there are no corner workers and no ambulance on site. Hospital is 5 miles up road with Life Flight also. Good day and 250 will be the new go to ride. The 500 needs to retire and some how convert to a street ride when weather is cooler.

Will post up incident of one of our riders. He was on an Aprillia RV 51 or something and rode a little above his skill set. He passed me on the 500 early in day so I decide to follow for a lap he looked back a few times to see me still 20 feet behind him. Saw him off track a few time during day. I was on the 250 and was last lap so he decided to push it on last lap. I think he was following and tried to brake where I did. He went a 100 yards through the grass, rode over a 15 foot levee, jumped it a top and landed in a creek off track. He walked up because we were wondering were he was. We had to take a back hoe with track to pick the bike up and drag it back. The place was swamp and we saw a water moccasin on way in. could of been real bad if he was unconscious face down in creek. We would of never found him that far off track. Ride your own ride, it is not a race, and ride a bike that you can handle and learn proper craft. Everyone stay safe and see you on the other side soon.

lost1750GTV
- - - - -
- - - - -

Re: RZV 500 video first ride this year

#2 Post by lost1750GTV » Thu May 14, 2020 10:58 am

off track a few times - on a no ambulance day?
not too bright, but he makes up for it in luck.
I know you and the 500 are well sorted, but was still surprised you weren't quicker on the TZ.
hope you like it!

podman

Re: RZV 500 video first ride this year

#3 Post by podman » Thu May 14, 2020 3:56 pm

I think the lack of medical facilities will contribute to wiping out the track day season in the UK.

Anyway, enjoyed the vid(as always), private track day on an RD sounds like something only Carlsberg could organise..enjoy the TZ.