VIR PICTURES UP

For those who love to "take it to the track!"

Moderator: rztom

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

VIR PICTURES UP

#1 Post by pstamper » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:14 am

Was a super fun event as always. Nate's Double R Festival is ran so well. A no bullshit event. Do what is right and it will be fun. The groups run well and with the M5 performance driver to help entertain never a dull moment. Rained for a day and a half. Slicks went on after lunch on Sunday. The track was a perfect fit for the RZ with gearing just right I thought. The liter bikes with twice the horsepower run and hide on the straights. I could catch the majority of them on balance of track.

Very eventful weekend. Had bike shipped to Virginia by Eleven Motorsports out of Dallas area. Was not cheap but flew up, went to track, and rode. They did set up, tire warmers, pressures with my nitrogen, fuel, changed tires to slicks, helped with gear, had helmet and gear driers set up, food, drink, just a great investment. Could focus on riding.

The rain allowed time to learn the track. Not many people passed me in the rain because majority did not have rain tires. The tar snakes were dangerous and was a sealer section exiting last corner that took out 4 riders in first sessions. I tip toed over it and gave it the beans on straights. Bike stops incredibly with the rains.

This is a funny story at my expense, which I found out at the dinner on Saturday night. Saturday after lunch rain came back in. I was riding my bicycle at far end of pit to stay loose, came in to go out on scooter with my group. Jamie, pit help, got the bike down and off I went to pit out. No one was there. I asked the pit marshal where everyone was and he said riders meeting. He checked on letting me go out. I told him I was only going out 4 laps to check plugs and asked him to tell Nate it was the two stroke. They said go ahead. 2 sighting laps and then two rip it up. Came in pit everyone is coming out of classroom and kind of looking at me. Found out at dinner, the riders meeting was about if everyone wanted to continue riding in the rain. I found out many comments were made as an unusual sound came down the front straight, they must be leaf blowing the water off track to they must be weed eating the track. Made me feel great when the only two stroke, with no traction control, ABS, or rain mode was ripping it up in the rain while all the other rider sat in a dry classroom thinking about riding there electronically managed bike. The camera man was at the class said it was so funny and Nate just shook his head. He told me at dinner that it made his entire day.

Last edited by pstamper on Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

lost1750GTV
- - - - -
- - - - -

Re: VIR PICTURES UP

#2 Post by lost1750GTV » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:19 am

made mine just reading it - leaf blowers haha

podman

#3 Post by podman » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:16 pm

Cracking pics and write up as always..did you tell them how much your leaf blower was worth?!

Luther

#4 Post by Luther » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:39 am

Ain't a leaf blower, its a weed blower for blowing 4t's in the weeds.

Hey you did ride a new beemer! I bet its good but more like different not really better.

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

#5 Post by pstamper » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:14 pm

It is an incredible bike. If shifter was relocated for my foot would have been great. Seamless shifting up or down. Break are incredible. The bike would tip into a corner so easy. I needed more laps