RZV500R frame/bodywork - new owner

Got some stuff you need to move out? Do it here! Please, NO vendors

Moderator: rztom

JMcP92

RZV500R frame/bodywork - new owner

#1 Post by JMcP92 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:02 pm

Hi all,

I recently came into an RZ/RZV500R project which is essentially a box of bits with "potential" as many of these things start.

This box contains the original steel frame which has already been rebuilt with new bearings and seals all round, as well as a new lick of paint and retains the original VIN plate. Attached to this as shown is the subframe, swingarm, shock, forks, pegs and clip ons. The suspension has not been rebuilt alongside the frame and likely requires some TLC.

Alongside this is also the original bodywork which is a little dusty and used but could certainly be of use to somebody, front end, seat unit and belly pan (not pictured) included.

I will not be using this or the frame as this dear box of bits also came with a Mick Costin frame designed to hold the RZ500 motor and so this is excess to requirements.

As a new owner to this scene I cannot confidently say I have any idea of the value of these parts and so I am very much open to offers and ideas, as well as advice from anybody more experienced. All parts located in New Zealand and willing to ship worldwide at buyers expense.

We are currently in the process of a house move but once that's done a project will show up in the builds sections when the Mrs (Aye, her too, she's a two stroke nut) and I begin building.

Cheers,
John
Last edited by JMcP92 on Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tacky1

Re: RZV500R frame/bodywork - new owner

#2 Post by tacky1 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:43 pm

Nice looking project, I don’t think that’s an aluminum frame. It’s steel. You can tell by looking at the section by the Swingarm bolt and the welds and the frame number. It’s an RZ frame.

JMcP92

Re: RZV500R frame/bodywork - new owner

#3 Post by JMcP92 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:44 pm

tacky1 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:43 pm
Nice looking project, I don’t think that’s an aluminum frame. It’s steel. You can tell by looking at the section by the Swingarm bolt and the welds and the frame number. It’s an RZ frame.
Thank you - I wasn't sure given it seems to be bits of different bikes! I will edit the original post to reflect this :)