mental blank front brake line junction mount

General forum on frames, brakes, suspension, wheels and tires

Moderator: rztom

aaronmvrider

mental blank front brake line junction mount

#1 Post by aaronmvrider » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:22 pm

hi guys and maybe some girls??
i am installing my front brakes and their is 2 holes on the bottom triple clamp which are threaded, is this where the front brake line junction/ joint secures, there is only 1 bolt that secures this part does it secure to any particular hole ?? or am i in totally wrong area

also having trouble remembering where the horn secures had a look on my disks containing all components but not very detailed to where it is mounted

any info / photos would be a great help

Cheers
Aaron

my rides
rz 500 1984
2 x rz 350 1984
mv agusta f4 1000 2004

YPVS KIWI

#2 Post by YPVS KIWI » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:38 am

Hi Mate - had the same problem myself putting it back together 11 months after taking apart - this photo sorted it:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28356825@N08/3389408488/ :grin:

aaronmvrider

#3 Post by aaronmvrider » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:32 am

[quote="YPVS KIWI"]Hi Mate - had the same problem myself putting it back together 11 months after taking apart - this photo sorted it:

thanks for your info, had a look through your flicker photos very impressive build where did you obtain all your parts??? love the swingarm is that ceramic coated??? i have just had my lomas pipes ceramic coated and my swingarm painted but will look into ceramic coating
Cheers
Aaron

i was born in Motueka near Nelson and arrived in Australia as an infant many years ago, so it looks like we have 2 things in common, choice hey bro...
my rides
rz 500 1984
2 x rz 350 1984
mv agusta f4 1000 2004

YPVS KIWI

#4 Post by YPVS KIWI » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:50 pm

Hey Aaron, thanks for the cudos :grin:

Just waiting on the arrival of a couple of decals and then off to the painters to get her back to original.

Parts - some from Yamaha, Gus (cranks and piston kits), Fleabay, Adrian (another forum member who generously donated a good rear disc and fuel tank - gratis) and a lot of searching. I was lucky and came across a guy in Auckland who had a whole heap of parts including new front cowl, belly pan LH fairing, 2t pump and a heap of second hand bits - he cut me a sharp deal to kick-off the project.

The swing arm was coated by HPC coatings in Auckland - more of a must and cosmetic due to the welding work I had done - the last owner let the chain cut the swing arm down to the bearing race :???:

I took a look at you resto thread - looking good :cool:

Cheers
Mark.