front wheel options

All former posts from our original WWWBoard forum are here

Moderators: smurph, rztom

Rich Bullock

front wheel options

#1 Post by Rich Bullock » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:10 pm

Does any one now if a R6, Fazer 600 wheel fits standard forks without the need to modify for the front wheel spindle.
<br>
<br><hr size=3 width=75%><p>

bullockr@pearce.co.uk

Dale R Murphy

Re: front wheel options

#2 Post by Dale R Murphy » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:29 am

I can attest to an R6 wheel not fitting without extensive work. And although less work, a YZF600R wheel will still not fit without some work. <p>Maybe someone can comment on an FZR wheel?]<p>Dale
<br>

madbeaver@ripnet.com

Rob

#3 Post by Rob » Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:57 pm

I have an 87-88 fzr750/1000 wheel and everything on it is the same - it is a 17" and uses the same axle spacers and speedo drive. Stock it had 320mm rotors and I don't think the RZ rotors will bolt up, so you would have to figure out brakes and caliper mounts. Also with the 17" the fender won't fit overtop of the wheel, so you have to sort that too.<p>Rob
<br>

roadkillrobert@yahoo.com

David Hawtin

#4 Post by David Hawtin » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:32 am

I want to change to 17" wheels so the FZR750/1000 options seems like a good one. Are the wheels fitted to these FZRs in the 1990s the same, or will only the 1987/88 variety fit?
<br>

davidhawtin@btinternet.com

Rob

#5 Post by Rob » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:47 am

They definitelly changed, in the 90's they used no speedo drive and may have had a different axle. If you are doing the forks and all, most of the FZR front ends of the 90's are a direct bolt on, or at most require the stearing stem to be pressed out and the RZ stem pressed in. If you use a front end with no mechanical speedo drive, then you will have to figure something else out. If you just want the wheel on your RZ front end, the fzr750/1000 of 87 88 is the same spacers, speedo drive and axle. You could check www.partsfish.com for the same part number for the wheel on later fzr's and see if any others had the same wheel.<p>Rob
<br>

roadkillrobert@yahoo.com