jetting

All former posts from our original WWWBoard forum are here

Moderators: smurph, rztom

james

jetting

#1 Post by james » Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:51 pm

i have had my carbs off so many times that i need to replace the screws that hold the bowls on, but anyways this is my best jetting for whoever might be interested, i have jim lomas pipes, boyseen reeds, no modification to the cages, uni filter on the end of the ears, no port work, stock carbs, 210 mains, ivan (a) needles middle clip, air jet removed, 60 pilots, going up to 60 pilots have made a world of difference on pulling away from curb, 80 degres, 50 dew point, 60 humidity
<br>
<br><hr size=3 width=75%><p>

byrdmary@sbcglobal.net

matt

Re: jetting

#2 Post by matt » Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:37 am

man thats huge on the idle circut or pilot / I bet it will take off from a dead stop (joking) how do the boysens perform some talk against them and only run TDR's ... just wondering? I've read where Boysen is developing a very clean running 2stroke engine that will meet USA EPA regulations and run as clean or cleaner than 4T engines he claims a 250cc producing 60hp with his new 2stroke design motor ,, that could not get into production quick enough for me..........
<br>

creswell5@cableone.net

james

Re: jetting

#3 Post by james » Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:32 am

i don't have anything to compare the boyseen reeds to on this bike, but i have the duncan pyramid reed cages on my rz350 and love them, 60 sounds like alot on the pilot but it made a big difference taking off and up to about 4000 rpm, i just have a little stutter about 5200 rpm,
<br>

byrdmary@sbcglobal.net